There are 159 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

A Quote From The General

Originally posted by Envy:
Originally posted by GEEK:
WTF does that even mean?

Coach or I? What I was trying to say that whilst I understand that he wishes us to be this tough physical football team that can bully teams into a win that is not the only way to win football games. We built a dynasty on playing slick offensive football that did not require anyone to run themselves into the ground.

The power running game is not working. The personnel is not getting it. There is change from the shotgun spread. Seems only logical to me to maintain what works.

What other kind of running would you like?
  • Envy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by GEEK:
WTF does that even mean?

Coach or I? What I was trying to say that whilst I understand that he wishes us to be this tough physical football team that can bully teams into a win that is not the only way to win football games. We built a dynasty on playing slick offensive football that did not require anyone to run themselves into the ground.

The power running game is not working. The personnel is not getting it. There is change from the shotgun spread. Seems only logical to me to maintain what works.

What other kind of running would you like?

Zone?
Show me don't tell me.

FB dive on 2 & 20 does not make sense.
  • Envy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
Show me don't tell me.

Ah but thats the beauty of it. They would never see it coming!!
Show me don't tell me.

Show me don't tell me.

i seriously think Raye is closer to getting the boot than we all think..we were all complaining bloody hell how bad shaun hill was, and BOOM he got the bench. I think if Raye keeps this up, he is gonna get canned sooner rather than later, Sing shows he doesnt mind doing it.
Originally posted by DynastyChile:
Show me don't tell me.

i seriously think Raye is closer to getting the boot than we all think..we were all complaining bloody hell how bad shaun hill was, and BOOM he got the bench. I think if Raye keeps this up, he is gonna get canned sooner rather than later, Sing shows he doesnt mind doing it.

I don't think it's a good idea for Raye to get fired, we don't need another OC and further hindering AS growth. Sing needs to check his boy and tell him to stop calling dumbass plays.
  • gage
  • Veteran
Show me don't tell me.

Yeah but there is a difference between benching a QB and firing an OC. I think that behind closed doors there's got to be some sort of push for a more open attack and if that doesn't happen by season's end, then maybe Raye is gone.

More than likely he is here for a while.
Originally posted by gage:
Show me don't tell me.

Yeah but there is a difference between benching a QB and firing an OC. I think that behind closed doors there's got to be some sort of push for a more open attack and if that doesn't happen by season's end, then maybe Raye is gone.

so true. im just in denial of how bad he has called it so far.
  • gage
  • Veteran
Show me don't tell me.

Yea it's been said here for a while now but the playcalling is REALLY getting old quick. Just when you get up off the couch fistpumping an awesome drive, you sit down and shake your head in disgust on a WTF call.
  • B650
  • Veteran
Show me don't tell me.

Yea it's been said here for a while now but the playcalling is REALLY getting old quick. Just when you get up off the couch fistpumping an awesome drive, you sit down and shake your head in disgust on a WTF call.

To be fair though, every OC does this once in a while. I remember when we had Norv Turner, everything would be going smoothly, then out of nowhere he calls a triple reverse or something for a loss of 8 yards. I think Raye does need to improve. The offense must be opened up because this offense can get it done. It looks unstoppable at times, but the play calling is the one thing setting it back. We need to get more creative. I want to see some more slants, screens, play-actions, deep throws, some trick plays, etc. I don't mind running the ball, but not straight up the gut over and over if it isn't working.

We'll see how how he does against Tennessee. If he doesn't get it by this game, there's a good chance he never will, because Tennessee is ranked dead last in pass defense.
crank that crabtree