There are 164 users in the forums

Singeltary on Issac Bruce

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Antix
  • Veteran
He doesn't even try and he knows it. It's so obvious he's only here to get paid, he doesn't give a damn about where this team goes.

He shoulda been sat down a long time ago
Originally posted by 4evrfan:
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by GEEK:
Bruce is playing for a paycheck, and not for the team.

I guess he doesn't want to be paid very much because he isn't trying very hard

That's what's so surprising, knowing Singletary's mentality and approach to the game, you'd think he'd recognize Bruce's drops, lack of effort and lackadaisical performances. All I can say is Hill and Jones must have done something to piss Coach off. It's time we see what these younger guys can contribute to this offense.

maybe he caught them looking at his daughters ass or something
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Crabtree, Morgan, B Jones, J Hill, those should be our top 4 WR's.

Yes sir.....If Sing truly believes in playing the Best 11 guys then Bruce should be on the Bench. I was pissed to hear he was coming back....we don't need this dude....we need to develop our young players....let them play so we can see what they have....Come on Sing Make the MOVE!!!!!!!

[ Edited by Ninerbowl6 on Nov 2, 2009 at 20:37:05 ]
Sign Chris Chambers..
Originally posted by Reckless:
Sign Chris Chambers..

LOL, or start Brandon Jones. -Our coaching staff is inept, Bruce has been dropping major first down passes since the beginning of pre-season while Jason Hill was rotting on the bench.
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
I hope he gets less playing time.

Yeah, a lot less as in none.
Did anyone else see him just standing there on the Crabtree fumble? I admit I didn't think it was going to be ruled a fumble I thought his knee touched. But if your on the field and the ball comes out you need to get on the ground and get it.
Bruce stood there then lightly jogged over and made a half ass arm attempt at whoever picked it up.
I like Bruce as the #5 WR on this team right now with Crabtree/Morgan/Jones/Hill stepping up. If Jones/Hill don't prove to be better than maybe he can get back in but he sucks right now.
I know he's old but that doesn't seem to be it, he seems like he's not motivated. Bruce had a nice year last season where has that player gone?
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by 49erman5692:
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
I hope he gets less playing time.

Free Brandon Jones

and Jason Hill

Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Sign Chris Chambers..

LOL, or start Brandon Jones. -Our coaching staff is inept, Bruce has been dropping major first down passes since the beginning of pre-season while Jason Hill was rotting on the bench.

B.Jones must really be stupid if he can't pick up the plays well enough to compete.
Originally posted by backontop:
I have been a Bruce supporter up until the Colts game. The guy just isn't what he used to be. Limit his playing time and allowe Jones and some of the other 900000 WR's on the roster to get some playing time and see who steps up and makes some plays.

Keep that on the down low. If the league finds out that we are holding more than the alloted 53 players on the roster they might sanction us rather than the Jets.

~Ceadder

Originally posted by jcs:
Sign Chris Chambers..

B.Jones must really be stupid if he can't pick up the plays well enough to compete.

Or he was injured through most of camp and all of Preseason into the regular sea...

Oh SNAP that must've been it.

I love how people think that reading the playbook in your downtime makes one understand it. Nevermind that it takes a few practices to do so.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Sign Chris Chambers..

Or he was injured through most of camp and all of Preseason into the regular sea...

I love how people think that reading the playbook in your downtime makes one understand it. Nevermind that it takes a few practices to do so.

~Ceadder

unless your michael crabtree
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Sign Chris Chambers..

~Ceadder

unless your michael crabtree

Ummmmmm yeah, about that...

Let's be honest Crabtree is running BASE routes. He's not doing anything special there.

I think that if ANYTHING Raye has lost Bruce. Because of Hill.

I mean think about it you go from Mike Martz who disguised Hill's inadequacies at the QB position, to Raye who couldn't.

I'm not saying that Raye is a bad OC. I'm saying that the switch may have come too late. If Bruce IS lost for that reason then maybe benching him for a game or two is just what the doctor ordered. But I still hold to the school of earning your spot. I don't think that demoting Bruce serves any purpose unless it's cause the young guys earned it.

If they show up on game day and don't do stupid stuff like kneeling on the grass in a celebration( this was installed because of the Rams celebrations) or *tipping an uncatchable ball up for the Defenders then they should get a shot at the spot. Until someone eclipses Ike, Ike is still the man.

*speaking of which I can't believe the announcer said it was a good throw. It really wasn't. It wasn't bad either but it wasn't as catchable as they made it out to be. Crabs is a rook so I'm not mad, but if you can't get it knock it down not up.

~Ceadder
bruce sucks, he needs to go... im sure jason hill could make some of those catches
Every year or so, some good veteran comes along & plays on the 49ers crappy offense, and then everyone says that "old guy" sucks. But I think if the offensive line & QB play was top notch, we would be talking about all the great plays Bruce made, instead of wondering if he can even play anymore.
Share 49ersWebzone