LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 149 users in the forums

Singeltary on Issac Bruce

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Singletary was asked about veteran receiver Isaac Bruce, who played the bulk of the game Sunday, but who had a costly drop and didn't have his best game. "I will put it this way right now. Isaac Bruce is one of the guys we count on to win. As far as getting into, 'Is he the best 11?' and all of these other kinds of things, I'm going to say he gives us a chance to win. And in certain situations, he is one of the best 11 on the field and in other situations, he isn't. And that goes for a number of our receivers. And I just think going forward, we have to continue to evaluate our team and talent. And this team right now is going through changes and seeing some guys step up ... And it's going to continue to be that way. I believe in the best 11 guys on the field, and whoever that is, that's who's going to be out there."

It kinda sounds like Bruce may be headed to the bench or at least his playing time will be getting decreased......I hope?
I hope he gets less playing time.
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:

Free Brandon Jones
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by 49erman5692:

Free Brandon Jones

and Jason Hill
I have been a Bruce supporter up until the Colts game. The guy just isn't what he used to be. Limit his playing time and allowe Jones and some of the other 900000 WR's on the roster to get some playing time and see who steps up and makes some plays.
JASON HILL !!!
Crabtree, Morgan, B Jones, J Hill, those should be our top 4 WR's.
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:

• Paul
  • Veteran
How old is he? 34 or 35? His best seasons were probably a few seasons before he even left the Rams. He was decent last year, but now it's time he steps back a bit and lets the 49ers develop some other guys. I'm guessing he will sign with the Rams for a day then retire, he's had a hell of a career
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

DEFINETLY! we have 4 young WR's and 1 ancient legend. Time for the legend to step aside as he is no longer starter quality. What i don't understand is this franchise let Jerry Rice go when he still had something left. The 9ers have done so with many of their own legends from Rice/Montana/Lott etc why do we have trouble telling Bruce he is the #4 or #5 WR?

I'm waiting for the poster who will say we are out of our minds calling for Bruce to be benched, and remind us how he's a hall of fame receiver, and is one of the best route runners....

Originally posted by verb1der:
I'm waiting for the poster who will say we are out of our minds calling for Bruce to be benched, and remind us how he's a hall of fame receiver, and is one of the best route runners....

I think VD & Bruce switched hands in the off season
Set Bruce loose; to old and slow to play
Originally posted by verb1der:

I think VD & Bruce switched hands in the off season

Share 49ersWebzone