There are 115 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Singletary backs Raye

Fire them both.
This will be his downfall as a coach.
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
Wow

Yes, my friend, you've taken a right-hand turn into the place known as, 49er Webzone.

Any criticism Singletray has for Raye is not going to be said to the media. i think Raye has full support still, but you are not going to hear otherwise, unless someone else is already inline to replace him.
Originally posted by djfullshred:
Any criticism Singletray has for Raye is not going to be said to the media. i think Raye has full support still, but you are not going to hear otherwise, unless someone else is already inline to replace him.

alex smith is in line to replace him, im sure he still has his urban meyer playbook from utah somewhere
I remember Nolan saying the same for Hostler and once the season ended he was FIRED.....Well see if that happens here.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

alex smith is in line to replace him, im sure he still has his urban meyer playbook from utah somewhere

Don't laugh -- the spread /shotgun-based offense has been used to killer effect in recent years by the Colts, Patriots, and even this year's Denver Broncos.
I dont understand this complete and utter stubborn attitude. Sing needs to get over himself. He's beginning to show the same egotistical stupid attitude Nolan displayed. We all know how that ends up.

People will only follow him for so long until it starts to show that what he's preaching isnt working. The LAST THING we need right now is players falling off the board and not being on the same page with the coaches. I hope this is just a case of Sing trying to "confuse" opponents....I dunno.
Originally posted by Xestenz:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

Don't laugh -- the spread /shotgun-based offense has been used to killer effect in recent years by the Colts, Patriots, and even this year's Denver Broncos.

im not laughing, i hope he gets to run his own stuff. we seem to have success when he gets into more of a spread offense situation
Singletary did concede that Raye is still in the process of learning what his players do best, and thus the offense is still evolving.-Barrows

How long does that process take?
  • nooj
  • Veteran
We all knew that Sing's most important task during the offseason was finding the right OC.

I too, think this will be Singletary's downfall. I am hoping and praying that Raye will become more acclimated with his players and be able to adjust and gameplan accordingly. So far, he has shown me nothing. Going back to the preseason, this offense is just not where it needs to be. I will try to stay positive but Raye has got me extremely frustrated week in and week out.
you know........ I can understand him not throwing "his" guy under the bus and all...... but, did Singelary REALLY have to add an extra 50% of support..

100% support....expected

150% now.. you are just purposely F'ing with me, Mike.

[ Edited by Afrikan on Nov 2, 2009 at 14:23:33 ]
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
"Ask if he still backed Raye's approach 100 percent, Singletary went 50 percent further. "I 150 percent back what he's doing," he said. "Absolutely. There's not one iota that I'm wavering here or there." Singletary did concede that Raye is still in the process of learning what his players do best, and thus the offense is still evolving."

Barrows

-9fA

Wait, didn't he say that he backed Hill all the way; but then, promoted Smith do to poor QB play by Hill?

I expect Sing to say this regardless of what his true thoughts are on J-Raye...
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
Singletary did concede that Raye is still in the process of learning what his players do best, and thus the offense is still evolving.-Barrows

How long does that process take?

That's what i was wondering as well. It's obvious to us fans what works the best for the offense, how long does it take Raye?

-9fA
  • JC49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
"Ask if he still backed Raye's approach 100 percent, Singletary went 50 percent further. "I 150 percent back what he's doing," he said. "Absolutely. There's not one iota that I'm wavering here or there." Singletary did concede that Raye is still in the process of learning what his players do best, and thus the offense is still evolving."

Barrows

-9fA

That being the case, and it's been talked about before, if Raye is the problem and has to go so may Singletary. Wish we could replace Raye with Turner but that's dreaming. I can't see Norv being fired without a major collapse.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home