There are 60 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Through 7 games...

I am happy to see VD catching (rather than dropping) so many passes this year. And we understand that he is a fierce blocker. But one bad trait of his remains: he screws up too often. He is far too frequently flagged for movement before the snap, often hurting a drive. When one takes what he delivers, then subtracts what he takes away, his net positive is not so fabulous.
He's playing much better but he's getting the ball thrown to in better situations also. I would still like to see better effort. He could've caught that one in bounds and there was another that he caught, and let a DB shoulder him out of bounds rather than pulling a Shockey and punish the DB for next time.
Davis has improved significantly. Sing was the best thing that happened to Davis. Helped him mature into a real pro. The wrong mentoring or coaching could have lead VD to just become another diva.
He is finally that redzone threat we all envisioned at one time. I really think he's not done either. He's getting more and more comfortable out there and is going to be an absolute force pretty soon as the offense continues to improve. I think it was Sing who said it "Raye is still learning how to use his players to their strengths" Raye may not be the best OC, but I believe that statement to be true and we will see an improvement as this season improves.
  • NM49ERFAN
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Pro Bowl!

+1

+2. Has voting started yet?
Originally posted by excelsior:
I am happy to see VD catching (rather than dropping) so many passes this year. And we understand that he is a fierce blocker. But one bad trait of his remains: he screws up too often. He is far too frequently flagged for movement before the snap, often hurting a drive. When one takes what he delivers, then subtracts what he takes away, his net positive is not so fabulous.

Vernon Davis : (Through 7 games) : 32 rec. / 375 yds. / 7 Td's
SF 49ers : (Through 7 games) : 121 rec. / 1347 yds. / 9 Td's

From where I am looking ....... His positive looks pretty darn good!
-25% of the receptions
-30% of the yards
-80% of the TD's

Have the few mistakes he has made come close to those percentages?

help me see your reasoning, please!?
Originally posted by NM49ERFAN:
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Pro Bowl!

+1

+2. Has voting started yet?

+3

yes it has. and if VD keeps this pace up, he may not even need our extra homer votes to be the starter.

[ Edited by Niners99 on Nov 3, 2009 at 01:24:56 ]