LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 270 users in the forums

Through 7 games...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Vernon Davis has more TD's than his '07 & '08 years combined.

One more catch than the entire '08 season.

17 more yards than the entire '08 season.

For how frustrating the Raye & Singletary offense has been thus far, it seems they have figured how to finally use Vernon.

Keep it up Duke
VD deserves a lot of credit too. He's stepped up his game and proved that he deserves the ball.
Pro Bowl!
Originally posted by WestCoast:

For how frustrating the Raye & Singletary offense has been thus far, it seems they have figured how to finally use Vernon.

Keep it up Duke

I think his production has less to do with the offensive coordinator more to do with Davis working harder and playing sound football.
Originally posted by redrathman:

Keep it up Duke

I think his production has less to do with the offensive coordinator more to do with Davis working harder and playing sound football.

yeah cause if he worked harder last year he would have caught more passes while blocking in Martz's scheme.
Originally posted by pdxredandgold:
Originally posted by redrathman:

Keep it up Duke

yeah cause if he worked harder last year he would have caught more passes while blocking in Martz's scheme.

Vernon Davis quoted in an article dated October 1st, 2009:

Quote:
Davis’ stat line of 14 catches for 168 yards and 2 touchdowns looks even more impressive compared to his 16-game results from last season of 31 catches for 358 yards and 2 touchdowns. At this time last year, Davis only had four catches for 68 yards.

So what’s changed?

“You grow,” Davis explained. “You’re developing not just as a player but as a person. When you develop as a person, you fine tune yourself. You figure out that it’s not just about you, it’s about the team and the contributions you make on the field, helps the team.”

Now obviously, he's getting targeted more than in previous seasons (more than any other receiver on the 49ers), but he's also making the catches he dropped in seasons past.
He's made the biggest leap in performance of any 49er. Now let's hope Alex Smith does even more.
Do you guys feel like he may be the best TE in the game? I'm starting to think he might be, before this season he was looked at as the best blocking TE in the NFL. Now that he leads the league not just TE's in TD rec and is playing extremely well not to mention his new found leadership as a captain on the team (great move by Sing the importance shouldn't be downplayed VD takes it very seriously) he may not be #1 right now but the guy is very very close.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Would love to see him score 15 TD's.
  • B650
  • Veteran
His route running and hands have improved. He's one of the best young TEs in the game now.

Patrick Willis and Vernon Davis - the 2 consistent bright spots on our team in the first 7 games. It's simply amazing how much Vernon has changed in one off season. Sure, there were some other factors at play, but end of the day, a man has to want to change for it to happen. All the credit to him.
Glad he's leading the NFL in TDs.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Pro Bowl!

+1
always had faith in ol vd, keep it going and going so we can retire your jersey one day
personally I don't think there is anything wrong with Raye the team just needs to learn yet another system and the offensive line needs a make-over.... Anyone think that shaun hill should be our 3rd stringer and Nate Davis our back up or just me????
Good job VD, its about time
Share 49ersWebzone