There are 187 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

When does a coaching staff lose its players?

At what point does the webzone hold the players accountable for not winning? Any player who tunes out a coach that turned the team from a joke to relevant in a handful of games is only concerned with himself. Heres an idea, instead of looking for someones head the day after a loss, maybe you should just accept the fact that we got beaten by a FAR more talented team.
Originally posted by susweel:
I can see the team tuning Singletary out if they keep losing.

ridiculous, theyve never been more competitive. Players need to step up and win the games.
Originally posted by RichmondPete:
Originally posted by susweel:
I can see the team tuning Singletary out if they keep losing.

ridiculous, theyve never been more competitive. Players need to step up and win the games.

Your still around ?
When do people who have nothing better to do than gripe think they know more than a Hall of Fame Player who is the coach?
Originally posted by HearstFan:
When does a coaching staff lose the players?

My brother is a Cleveland Browns fan. If your coach is Eric Mangenius, you lost the players before training camp.

• jaghetersofie
  • Info N/A
I think this coaching staff definitely has it's players. This is a very young team and they have bonded extremely well. One way to see how close the players and coaches are is to see how the coaches react when they're players succeed. I have noticed that anytime any player does something extremely well there is an assistant or positions coach right there to congratulate them.

Example: First few three and outs the colts had did anybody see Tomsula/Manusky/Everrett coming onto the field to congratulate the defense?

Another example came when Crabtree ran the second comeback route. The first time he ran it a yard short and I guarantee somebody got in his ear. Second time he ran it perfect and picked up the first down and there was an assistant coach sprinting over to him to tell him how good of a job he had done. Not Jerry Sullivan, not Sing, but another position coach (who I didn't recognize). I think it shows that they aren't concerned with their own success, but rather the success of the team.

It isn't the coaches being happy because they succeeded, it truly does seem as though they are happy because WE succeeded. (It seems like our coaches are more active on the sidelines than other teams I watch but maybe that's just me.)

BTW if Manusky leaves I think Tomsula will be a great defensive co-ordinator some day.

[ Edited by jaghetersofie on Nov 3, 2009 at 05:27:46 ]
  • Nuns
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ttime1:
[
What are you talking about???? Those were Alex's responsibilities. Against the Texans, he did not look over to the sideline when they were screaming at him to call timeout. The one yesterday, he admitted that it took too long for them to get out of the huddle. Bottom line though, it is the QB's responsibility to Not get a delay of game penalty!!!

In three of the four losses, the team has failed to execute at key moments of the game. Sing is right, this team has not demonstrated an ability to win and make mistakes. Thus, you can't take as many risks as you would like to take until the team has matured.

Head Coaches can call timeout.

[ Edited by Nuns on Nov 3, 2009 at 05:52:59 ]
  • carl
  • Veteran
They lose the players when they stop paying them.
When they lose games and keep doing the same sh*t while losing games.
When the players realized the coaching staff no longer has the support from the ownership and sr management.

Coach Sing has been proactive in this matter, he spend bulk of his time motivating member of ownership and all members of sr management.
  • titan
  • Veteran
I don't think it's the same back then because of free agency. New blood are always coming in that haven't heard the speech. But, If I had to answer that question I would say 3 consecutive loosing years will definitely lose players.

[ Edited by titan on Nov 3, 2009 at 06:48:28 ]
  • GORO
  • Veteran
Originally posted by billbird2111:
It took Nolan a few years to lose this team. Singletary hasn't lost it yet. The effort was there in yesterday's game, and it was quite obvious.

At some point -- it will come. If it doesn't -- and the Niners keep losing -- I would say that Singletary will probably lose the team's attention where they've played their way out of playoff contention next season.

They believe in Sing and will play their hearts out. Jimmy Raye they may not have full confidence in but they will not go against Iron Mike
  • 9ermj
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by Xestenz:
Originally posted by ttime1:
Originally posted by HearstFan:
When does a coaching staff lose the players? When the players stop believing the staff is doing the right thing to win games. You have to wonder if doubts aren't creeping into the players' minds about the offensive philoposhy:

1. Insisiting on running inside when its not working
2. Playing conservative to protect small leads

If we can see the flaws, you have to believe the players are going to get frustrated with it. When do they stop viewing Singeltary as a strong leader, and instead see him as just plain obstinate? I don't know how they view Raye, but their confidence in him has to be slipping also.

Who in the hell do you think put a kid who was coming off of a serious injury as well as facing criticism as one of the biggest bust in the history of the NFL draft, in a position to revive his career????? Who did it???? The same people that you are criticizing!

Even the most pass oriented teams run the ball in the middle in order to keep the defense honest. At least this team has a back WHO HAS BROKEN A RECORD FOR NUMBER OF 60+ YARD RUNS!!!!

Moreover, they threw the ball NEARLY THREE TIMES AS MUCH AS THEY RAN!

Smith has not even demonstrated that he can manage a game winning drive yet, but some of you act like he is Moses. Give him, the coaches and the other players a chance to continue to grow!!!

With the way things were going with Hill, it didn't take a genius to turn to your only other real option...

True, is does make me wonder why they stuck with Hill for so long if Smith was looking like this in practice
A coaching staff loses its players when they become free agents and sign with other teams, get cut, traded, put on the IR, go to jail or die.

[ Edited by RedWaltz24 on Nov 3, 2009 at 07:14:36 ]
Originally posted by billbird2111:
It took Nolan a few years to lose this team. Singletary hasn't lost it yet. The effort was there in yesterday's game, and it was quite obvious.

At some point -- it will come. If it doesn't -- and the Niners keep losing -- I would say that Singletary will probably lose the team's attention where they've played their way out of playoff contention next season.

The difference is, under Nolan, I think a lot of people expected us to lost a lot of games. Being realistic, we just didn't have a lot of talent. Now, we may have a few glaring holes that need to be filled, but for the most part our talent level is a LOT higher than it has been. This defense is good enough to win with SOME help from the offense. We're not going to shut them out. We're not going to get 6 turnovers a game. We're not going to get 3+ sacks every game. But they are good enough to keep us in the game if the offense doesn't give it away.

Singletary wanted winners. He's got them. People that want to win and expect to win. He'll lose them a whole lot faster. The one guy I see on this team that DOESN'T want to win is Jimmy Raye. And that is the guy that Singletary is backing? You lose the players, when you put one person before the TEAM.