There are 236 users in the forums

Block Jimmy Raye's radio signals

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Block Jimmy Raye's radio signals

Originally posted by English:
By the way, if you actually wanted to know how people felt, you need to put in a bit of thought and offer up options that you may not agree with. Offering the choice of do this now as against do this ASAP is frankly a decision worthy of our OC. Or Typical NT

What are you talking about, we're all in agreement here that Raye needs to not be heard anymore.
  • flow
  • Veteran
As much as I despise Raye's offense, we're too far into the season to fire him... and there are no viable alternatives anyway... and we really can't afford to be picky when we keep losing offensive coordinators...

So how about we fire Foerster instead?
Originally posted by znk916:
By the way, if you actually wanted to know how people felt, you need to put in a bit of thought and offer up options that you may not agree with. Offering the choice of do this now as against do this ASAP is frankly a decision worthy of our OC. Or Typical NT

What are you talking about, we're all in agreement here that Raye needs to not be heard anymore.

Um, no we are not. You didn't give any option like that. Several posters, if I recall, have expressed reservations about yet another change of OC.

And I see no good coming from such a change at this point in the season
Originally posted by znk916:

im not in agreement with that
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
Originally posted by valrod33:
I dont agree. His playcalling needs to get better for sure, but whats the alternative fire him and bring in another OC for Alex

Give it time people we are not that far off

x2

I just want Sing & Raye to realize their philosophy isn't working, we don't have a decent OL to be a power running team. Oh yeah and FB dive on 2 & 20 doesn't work.

Thank you!

+1
Originally posted by pd24:
I dont agree. His playcalling needs to get better for sure, but whats the alternative fire him and bring in another OC for Alex

x2

I just want Sing & Raye to realize their philosophy isn't working, we don't have a decent OL to be a power running team. Oh yeah and FB dive on 2 & 20 doesn't work.

But we do have a guy that might be able to do better and take advantage of Alex. His name is Mike Johnson. Here is what was said about him when he was hired. also read the part about Raye, we should have seen this coming:

Quote:
But what I keep hearing is that Johnson, possibly even more than offensive coordinator Jimmy Raye, is being eyed as an important offensive force in the Singletary era.

When I hear 49ers people describe Johnson, they use the terms and enthusiasm you’d usually reserve for the new coordinator, not a QB coach who was out of the NFL for a year. Which catches my attention.

And when they talk about Raye, well, it’s not exactly super-thrilled ga-ga.

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakami/2009/04/30/is-qbs-coach-mike-johnson-the-49ers-key-man-on-offense-for-the-future/

could we be eying him as future oc?
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by teeohh:
Originally posted by pd24:

x2

But we do have a guy that might be able to do better and take advantage of Alex. His name is Mike Johnson. Here is what was said about him when he was hired. also read the part about Raye, we should have seen this coming:

Quote:
But what I keep hearing is that Johnson, possibly even more than offensive coordinator Jimmy Raye, is being eyed as an important offensive force in the Singletary era.

When I hear 49ers people describe Johnson, they use the terms and enthusiasm you’d usually reserve for the new coordinator, not a QB coach who was out of the NFL for a year. Which catches my attention.

And when they talk about Raye, well, it’s not exactly super-thrilled ga-ga.

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakami/2009/04/30/is-qbs-coach-mike-johnson-the-49ers-key-man-on-offense-for-the-future/

could we be eying him as future oc?

I sure hope so.
Why is everyone so surprised? Raye is just as stubborn as Singletary which is why they like working together. Raye already told everyone nothing would change with Alex at QB. Sure looked like he was right.
Share 49ersWebzone