LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 433 users in the forums

Block Jimmy Raye's radio signals

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Block Jimmy Raye's radio signals

You know the drill.

[ Edited by znk916 on Nov 2, 2009 at 10:26:35 ]
I dont agree. His playcalling needs to get better for sure, but whats the alternative fire him and bring in another OC for Alex

Give it time people we are not that far off
there have been several questionable calls lately, but I think we've gotten much more balanced the last few weeks. If he'll let up the reins on Smith a bit and put in some more up-tempo kind of offense I think we'll be fine. O-line has got to execute though.
Cuz Alex called his own plays when the offense actually looked good yesterday.
Nope, when his time runs out one of the O position coaches will take over but we cant prematurely rush the process.
Originally posted by valrod33:
I dont agree. His playcalling needs to get better for sure, but whats the alternative fire him and bring in another OC for Alex

x2

I just want Sing & Raye to realize their philosophy isn't working, we don't have a decent OL to be a power running team. Oh yeah and FB dive on 2 & 20 doesn't work.
  • tac22
  • Veteran

I agree that the last thing our QB's need right now is to learn a new offense...that being said, why not bring in a "consultant" to help with mix up the plays. Wasn't one of Alex's up sides his brain...let's let him get in on the play calling more and see what happens. I can't remember the last time I actually saw us Audible.
We don't need to fire him, but just block his radio signals.
You don't fire an OC in the middle of a season. And you don't fire an OC at any time unless you have a clear idea who you are going to replace him with.

Other than that, great idea. Why keep a coordinator for longer than a year, anyway.

Hello, Guinness Book of Records? Got one for you here!
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:

x2

I just want Sing & Raye to realize their philosophy isn't working, we don't have a decent OL to be a power running team. Oh yeah and FB dive on 2 & 20 doesn't work.

But we do have a guy that might be able to do better and take advantage of Alex. His name is Mike Johnson. Here is what was said about him when he was hired. also read the part about Raye, we should have seen this coming:

Quote:
But what I keep hearing is that Johnson, possibly even more than offensive coordinator Jimmy Raye, is being eyed as an important offensive force in the Singletary era.

When I hear 49ers people describe Johnson, they use the terms and enthusiasm you’d usually reserve for the new coordinator, not a QB coach who was out of the NFL for a year. Which catches my attention.

And when they talk about Raye, well, it’s not exactly super-thrilled ga-ga.

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakami/2009/04/30/is-qbs-coach-mike-johnson-the-49ers-key-man-on-offense-for-the-future/

Originally posted by blunt_probe:

there, fixed
Originally posted by tac22:

I agree that the last thing our QB's need right now is to learn a new offense...that being said, why not bring in a "consultant" to help with mix up the plays. Wasn't one of Alex's up sides his brain...let's let him get in on the play calling more and see what happens. I can't remember the last time I actually saw us Audible.

Agreed, or Raye should ask Smith what plays he likes and what plays he feels comfortable running and incorporate those into the game plan.

If Alex Smith is going to be running this team he should have some say in the plays he will be running.
Originally posted by znk916:

there, fixed

Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by znk916:

there, fixed

By the way, if you actually wanted to know how people felt, you need to put in a bit of thought and offer up options that you may not agree with. Offering the choice of do this now as against do this ASAP is frankly a decision worthy of our OC. Or Typical NT
Share 49ersWebzone