LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 207 users in the forums

Getting some respect from the Colts

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Didn't get the win, but at least the opposing team took notice!

http://www.colts.com/sub.cfm?page=article7&news_id=37a28f7c-2d30-4471-8537-0e926b7187fe
Who cares. I'm getting really tired of this we're losing but at least we're respectable.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Who cares. I'm getting really tired of this we're losing but at least we're respectable.

Hey, we played the best team in the NFL real tough on the road. The Colts acknowledged that this was a tough game for them. I think that's something to build on. We were never going to make the playoffs this year anyway. If we are to lose this "loser mindset", we have to begin rebuilding our winning tradition. It starts with playing tough on the road against the league's best teams (Colts, Vikes). We are developing a young QB, TE, WRs, as well as some young defensive players. That's a good thing.
Originally posted by grizzlyadams:

Hey, we played the best team in the NFL real tough on the road. The Colts acknowledged that this was a tough game for them. I think that's something to build on. We were never going to make the playoffs this year anyway. If we are to lose this "loser mindset", we have to begin rebuilding our winning tradition. It starts with playing tough on the road against the league's best teams (Colts, Vikes). We are developing a young QB, TE, WRs, as well as some young defensive players. That's a good thing.

shouldnt winning help to rebuild our winning tradition?

I mean we can play tough - we have established that last season.

We need to start winning some games now.
Originally posted by ads_2006:

Absolutely! I agree with you. All I am saying is that we lost on the road to the best team in the NFL. No one thought we would win that game. We should've won it. I hate losing, too. I just don't want to be all "doom and gloom".

Absolutely! I agree with you. All I am saying is that we lost on the road to the best team in the NFL. No one thought we would win that game. We should've won it. I hate losing, too. I just don't want to be all "doom and gloom".

The loss it itself was fine, the problem is we're 3-4 and on a 4 game losing streak. If we settle for another moral victory against Tennessee the season is over, and there's no progress whatsoever.

As for next year. This game will be forgotten, and unless you have solid QB play you're always going to be teetering from the cliff.

[ Edited by tjd808185 on Nov 2, 2009 at 07:27:47 ]

I agree with you here but I think alot of it is just frustration. For 3 years, we've been thinking " this is the year" but every year, we get shot down. I always try to remember there's a reason I'm sitting on the couch watching the game and they are there playing/coaching but its hard not to criticize when we do see results from spread formations but we still insist on running for 1-2 yard gains.

The loss it itself was fine, the problem is we're 3-4 and on a 4 game losing streak. If we settle for another moral victory against Tennessee the season is over, and there's no progress whatsoever.

As for next year. This game will be forgotten, and unless you have solid QB play you're always going to be teetering from the cliff.

My point exactly. If we lose to Tennessee, there will be NO moral victories. That's a team we should beat badly. I felt the same about the Houston game. We should've beat them, too.
Honestly, the NFL IS SO BAD This year that if we don't make the playoffs its a disappoiting season.

sadly the only way we'll make it is by winning the NFC WEST because I see Atlanta and either the cowboys or giants taking the 2 wild card spots

F*ck that

The Colts are who we that they were

Didn't get the win, but at least the opposing team took notice!

http://www.colts.com/sub.cfm?page=article7&news_id=37a28f7c-2d30-4471-8537-0e926b7187fe

I don't get why people get so excited about what other teams say about us. It's like some sort of self-validation or esteem problem. Who cares?
It's better than being the butt of the opposition's jokes and it is something to build upon. The 9ers are getting better, and you've got to take whatever you can to get better. Respect from the opposition would have been unheard of just a couple years ago.
Do we get a cookie?

Share 49ersWebzone