LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 234 users in the forums

What are the Chances we Re-gain 1st Place this week?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What are the Chances we Re-gain 1st Place this week?

We play Tennessee, and Arizona plays Chicago. We're a 5 1/2 favorite at home, and Arizona is a 3 point home dog.

I put the odds of us re-gaining the lead at about 50/50.
  • B650
  • Veteran
Depends if the Chicago Bears defense shows up or not. Warner might slice them up just like Palmer did, and it seems the Cardinals are a better road team this year. They also seem to do well with their backs against the wall. We'll see. It won't matter though if we lose the following week to the Bears. We'll fall back out of first, so we just have to focus on ourselves and keep winning. We all have to be on the same page. That means owners, GM, HC, OC, players, fans, etc.

[ Edited by B650 on Nov 2, 2009 at 03:48:02 ]
Originally posted by nickbradley:
We play Tennessee, and Arizona plays Chicago. We're a 5 1/2 favorite at home, and Arizona is a 3 point home dog.

Ummmm Chicago is 3-3. Arizona has a pretty good shot of beating them.

Even if we beat Tennessee, there is a good chance that we're sill a game behind Arizona.

~Ceadder
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ceadderman:

Even if we beat Tennessee, there is a good chance that we're sill a game behind Arizona.

~Ceadder

Chicago is 4-3, which is the same as Arizona.
Originally posted by Ceadderman:

~Ceadder

If the lines hold, we get first place back. I have a feeling that Arizona is going to go in a funk for a couple of weeks.
92%
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
The Titans aren't going to be a cake walk. Vince Young can still make things happen.

[ Edited by mayo63 on Nov 2, 2009 at 05:23:58 ]
I'm confident the Niners can and will beat Tennessee, but the Bears-Cardinals game is much tougher because they've both been such Jekyl-Hyde football teams this year. No worries, though, as long as the Niners start winning the winnable games everything else will fall into place.
Originally posted by ramanz16:
I'm confident the Niners can and will beat Tennessee, but the Bears-Cardinals game is much tougher because they've both been such Jekyl-Hyde football teams this year. No worries, though, as long as the Niners start winning the winnable games everything else will fall into place.

Well, if momentum is worth anything the Bears will win.

Chicago is getting hot again after the embarrasing loss to the Bengals, while Arizona had a meltdown at home vs. Carolina.

It happens this week
  • gage
  • Veteran
I like our chances and I'll be rooting for Chicago
Originally posted by teeohh:
I like our chances and I'll be rooting for Chicago

this
I'm guessing we'll have an 80% chance of beating the Titans, and the Cards winning or losing is a toss up at 50%.

.80 * .50 = 40% chance we regain 1st in the West
Share 49ersWebzone