LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 299 users in the forums

Most frustrating part of the game?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
The fact that our defense had to stay on the field for practically 80% of the second half, getting tired, bruised, sprained, and injured because Jimmy Raye doesn't know how to plan his share of a football game (as much as Manusky did).

Oh and Issac Bruce... that guy made me want to punch the TV almost. -He put absolutely no effort into most of the glaringly crucial moments of the game. The guy couldn't even catch a wounded duck from Hill during that Seahawks game.

And above all the missed catches, the one that pissed me off the most was when we were on 2nd and 7 in the 3rd quarter, Alex Smith rolls out of the collapsed pocket (to his left), throws a straight rope and Bruce drops it, even after knowing 4 seconds in advance Alex was going to throw to him with no coverage in sight!
Watching our pro bowler Andy Lee, get out-punted.....
Losing.
Originally posted by ManBearPig:

Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
The fact that our defense had to stay on the field for practically 80% of the second half, getting tired, bruised, sprained, and injured because Jimmy Raye doesn't know how to plan his share of a football game (as much as Manusky did).

Oh and Issac Bruce... that guy made me want to punch the TV almost. -He put absolutely no effort into most of the glaringly crucial moments of the game. The guy couldn't even catch a wounded duck from Hill during that Seahawks game.

And above all the missed catches, the one that pissed me off the most was when we were on 2nd and 7 in the 3rd quarter, Alex Smith rolls out of the collapsed pocket (to his left), throws a straight rope and Bruce drops it, even after knowing 4 seconds in advance Alex was going to throw to him with no coverage in sight!
Yup, that was the one that stuck out to me too.
The fact that the offense looks so sharp and professional on 2-3 drives a game. But for rest of the game looks like a pee-wee league offense.
Originally posted by ManBearPig:

Trust me, the Colts punter has a fresh leg.
Originally posted by amir_tn80:
The fact that the offense looks so sharp and professional on 2-3 drives a game. But for rest of the game looks like a pee-wee league offense.

Agreed.

2-3 drives a game, we see some life and then the playcalling causes us to go back to sleep.

-9fA
  • smileyman
  • Info N/A
It's extremely frustrating that this is a game that we should've put away and didn't. That's two games we've let slip away from us (Vikings and Colts). It kills me.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

What the hell!!!!! I'm beginning to wonder if this isn't some sort of sinister vendetta plot to get the ultimate last laugh on the 9ers on the part of Bruce. This guy is dropping way too many passes. I'm joking with this but I'm tired of seeing his tired butt on the field.

Crabtree's rookie mistakes but at least he does seem to learn from his mistakes.

Did enjoy seeing Manning frustrated all day long but it was all for naught. Damn.

1. How Jimmy Raye didn't utilize Alex Smith out of the shotgun and spreading out the WRs. Or doing that and then running a DRAW play. You have got to be f**king kidding.

2. I think we ran on first down in the second half about 70% of the time and then 70% on 2nd down. The predictability of Jimmy Raye's play calling disgusts me.

3. The fact we run an ultra-conservative offense and continue to use plays that aren't working. I could not for the life of me understand why we became chicken s**ts after we got the lead. If we had kept attacking attacking attacking in the 2nd half we would have had this game in the bag.

4. WE ARE HORRIFIC AGAINST THE PLAY ACTION PASS IT IS OUT OF CONTROL.
Originally posted by TDilvr:

Did enjoy seeing Manning frustrated all day long but it was all for naught. Damn.

A GREAT defensive effort completely wasted.
Originally posted by smileyman:
It's extremely frustrating that this is a game that we should've put away and didn't. That's two games we've let slip away from us (Vikings and Colts). It kills me.

Three; Texans also, due to INT @ 55 seconds and nearly in Nedney's range.

Can anymore be said about the play calling?? What will we be saying 4 weeks from now??
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:

Can anymore be said about the play calling?? What will we be saying 4 weeks from now??

We will likely be saying the Raye sucks.
Originally posted by Xestenz:
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:

We will likely be saying the Raye sucks.

Well man, I think we better get out Thesaurus out, dictionaries, and every other tool to come up with new phrases.. Sucks, is just not enough of word to adequately describe what he does to take the O out of games..

Of course, we could even be calling our motivator out by then if he hasn't taken a strong hand in changing the OC culture..

He do suck, Raye that is, for now.
Share 49ersWebzone