There are 100 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

If you were Jed what would you do (if we miss the playoffs) ?

If you were Jed what would you do (if we miss the playoffs) ?

Any organization that doesn't have clear leadership and direction will continue to be sub par. I used to have long discussions with some other posters here and they've always said it's the front office down to the players on the field. I thought we could get away with not having that.

The greatest flaw with the team isn't the offensive linemen, not their head coach or their offensive coordinator, but it's the overall leadership of the team. Until we are able to either develop or hire a strong GM, the team will continue to falter. Again, a GM's job is just more than bringing talent to a team. Talent-only GMs almost always have a involved team president or director of player personnel. The 49ers have a dysfunctional hierarchy where they draft best player available, don't select players for any particular system and ultimately have no direction.

Yes, the HC is the leader of the team, but who makes sure he's making the right decisions? Where's the healthy cooperation and when necessary guiding hand to say "that is working" or more importantly, "that isn't working". Regardless of who comes and who goes, the organization should provide stability and it hasn't . The organization should say to any coach coming in, "we run this... we select player based on this system..." and chose coaches accordingly.

That can't happen when you have a weak hierarchy, when the HC has a more powerful clear voice than your GM. That won't happen when the GM allows the team to fail and then fails to assess need and resolution.

I'll always be a Niner fan and root for this team, but the real enemy is the lack of real leadership. The team needs more than inspirational talking and a return to fundamentals, it needs smart decision-making and vision from the top. It does happen rarely, but certainly not enough.

[ Edited by NinerGM on Nov 1, 2009 at 17:40:18 ]
Yeah im sure Holmgren or Gruden would take an OC posistion with us or any other team
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Yeah im sure Holmgren or Gruden would take an OC posistion with us or any other team

Really?
slap myself repeatedly...
No worries fans, the ownership does have a master plan. Just have faith in our system and enjoy the games.
Either hire a football executive to make the decisions or sell the team. Like someone said earlier this franchise's biggest weakness is not QB or offensive line. It's a strong football executive. There's only one football guy in this front office and he is a scout at best. The top teams in the league have strong football minded front offices. Sadly the 49er ownership has never figured that out and I am highly doubting they ever will. Until they realize that we will continue to lose and call it a moral victory.
Add two solid free agents and make sure we have a heck of a draft starting with our TWO first round picks. The future is bright here, we are headed in the right direction!
  • B650
  • Veteran
Jed is right. Our season won't end in December. It'll be over by November.

Just kidding. Look at the teams that we've lost to. Minnesota at 7-1, Indianapolis at 7-0, Houston at 5-3, and Atlanta at 4-3. Keep in mind we're only a game behind Arizona. I think we'll make the playoffs, as long as Singletary and Raye trust Alex Smith. We need to be aggressive.

If we miss the playoffs but we finish with a winning record, I don't think anything needs to be done, just as long as Singletary and Raye are open to the idea of spreading the offense out and trusting Alex. Players are reportedly already unhappy with the OC, and that's not good because that goes back to Singletary. He's the one who hired him. I'd probably bring them back for another year though, but I'd seriously consider Shanahan or Holmgren.

If we miss the playoffs and end up with a losing record, they're both definitely getting fired.

[ Edited by B650 on Nov 1, 2009 at 20:17:39 ]
Originally posted by amir_tn80:
Either hire a football executive to make the decisions or sell the team. Like someone said earlier this franchise's biggest weakness is not QB or offensive line. It's a strong football executive. There's only one football guy in this front office and he is a scout at best. The top teams in the league have strong football minded front offices. Sadly the 49er ownership has never figured that out and I am highly doubting they ever will. Until they realize that we will continue to lose and call it a moral victory.

Since mama took over the team and papa John ridded the organization of its reckless ways. Our team has been the envy amongst the team owners. We have been the best in price performance, and one of the very few that has a master plan and stayed with it.

The organization is strong, our plan is sound and we have value at all key positions.
  • smileyman
  • Info N/A
Walk into the locker room and tell the team that if they want a** they have to bring a**?
Originally posted by jed_york:
Originally posted by amir_tn80:

Since mama took over the team and papa John ridded the organization of its reckless ways. Our team has been the envy amongst the team owners. We have been the best in price performance, and one of the very few that has a master plan and stayed with it.

The organization is strong, our plan is sound and we have value at all key positions.

NolanHasAPlan?
Originally posted by RonMexico:
bathe in money
  • nooj
  • Veteran
If Jed is watching these games, the man has to be frustrated with the lack of imagination on offense.
Originally posted by smileyman:
Walk into the locker room and tell the team that if they want a** they have to bring a**?

Please keep your amateur motivation skill to yourself. We have Singletary, our players just couldn't be more motivated.
Originally posted by smileyman:

Please keep your amateur motivation skill to yourself. We have Singletary, our players just couldn't be more motivated.