LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 158 users in the forums

If you were Jed what would you do (if we miss the playoffs) ?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

If you were Jed what would you do (if we miss the playoffs) ?

• kray28
  • Veteran
Two words:

Mike Holmgren.
Wait until the end of the season. Fire Raye if he doesn't change. Fire Singletary if he doesn't demand Raye to change. If those things happen, bring in Shanahan or Holmgren. Also leave McCloughan alone, he's done a good job.
Originally posted by fzrdave:
Originally posted by tohara3:
Tell Coach Singletary & Raye to open up the offense & use personnel we have to attack teams, not play to not lose!

Plus acquire some more talent on the offensive line, safety, add some more pass rushers in the off season, and then develop some continuity on this. This is a much surer path to success than just firing people.

Agree keep letting this team grow & add pieces. We will need more of a philosophy change on offense, but that will come in time.
Hire Eddie D as a "Consultant"
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by niners94:
Wait until the end of the season. Fire Raye if he doesn't change. Fire Singletary if he doesn't demand Raye to change. If those things happen, bring in Shanahan or Holmgren. Also leave McCloughan alone, he's done a good job.

I thought Shanny was a virtual lock for the Cowpoke job.
Originally posted by kray28:
Originally posted by niners94:

I thought Shanny was a virtual lock for the Cowpoke job.

shanny is a lock to take any head coaching job
Fire Raye; Hire a real OC! Draft or sign some real OL personnel........
Originally posted by GEEK:
You let McCloughan have one final offseason to improve the holes on this team.

I agree, the team he took over completely sucked! had zero talent on the squad he had to build from the ground up.
Given the guy hasn't got alot of things we have needed such as OL and passrush but we cannot blam him for believing we would get more from Haralson, Lawson, Baas, Rachal.
2 first round draft picks and a pretty good cap situation should put the 9ers in a position to plug there holes. especially if A.Smith proves to be our true franchise qb.
Originally posted by RonMexico:
bathe in money
kill my mom and dad

Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
have a temper tantrum

Originally posted by kray28:
Two words:

Mike Holmgren.

two words
f**k NO
Start a new reality show called "Celebrity GM," and let a group of celebs compete to see who should be the next GM. Maybe get Dennis Rodman, Tom Green, and Screech, and Mini-me, in on the show.
Hire guys from Niner Talk
As much as I'd like Holmgren as a OC, I'm not sure if McCloughlan would go through with that hire. He could feel threatened that Holmgren would eventually want/take the GM position (a job that Holmgren may secretly want).
Share 49ersWebzone