There are 161 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Moral Victory?

Moral Victory?

• Chico
  • Veteran
I say it was a moral victory! compared to where we were a few years ago, Alex is now a stud with tons of potential. Crabtree is a stud, our D-Fence played great! Plus, we just played one of the best teams in the league and hung in there all game...

Gentlemen...our schedule only gets easier!
If we keep it up with these moral victories we're going to be mathematically eliminated from the playoffs 2 weeks from now.
I'll tell you in a few weeks. If this performance against one of the top teams in football translates into a sustained level of better play, then Yes. If not, then No.
nope
NO im done with moral victories, its been too long since we been in the playoffs , its win or get lost in my book.
I like Alex now, but anyone calling this a moral victory can shove it up their ass as far as I'm concerned. They only scored 18 pts, Manning was off, and they had no running game. There was no excuse to lose this one.
The phrase any given Sunday applies to losses too. Just because we were close to the colts doesn't mean we will win any other game. You have to want/expect to win EVERY sunday, not just against crappy teams.

[ Edited by IdentityCrisis on Nov 1, 2009 at 13:54:35 ]
  • Pogity
  • Info N/A
I'm would call it a moral victory since we played a very good team. Next week there is no moral victory - I expect a win.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
We are getting better people. Evey game we play a little better next thing you know we'll be CONTENDERS.
Originally posted by Chico:
I say it was a moral victory! compared to where we were a few years ago, Alex is now a stud with tons of potential. Crabtree is a stud, our D-Fence played great! Plus, we just played one of the best teams in the league and hung in there all game...

Gentlemen...our schedule only gets easier!

Sorry, I can't even vote! I don't believe in "moral victories"! A loss is a loss, even though we could have been spanked by Indi. Those are god awful choices! I think our D is damn good, and yes I think Smith can be our future (with the right play calling). NO, WE DO NOT SUCK, NOR DO WE NEED TO START OVER!!!
Moral victories are just games you couldnt put away. Niners should have won period
Originally posted by mayo63:
We are getting better people. Evey game we play a little better next thing you know we'll be CONTENDERS.

and when will that be? 2013? 2020?
  • NEW_WORLD_ORDER
  • Info N/A
moral victories = moral superbowl
I'll take a tie and a BJ from Lady Gaga over a moral victory any day.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Originally posted by mayo63:

and when will that be? 2013? 2020?

Next year my friend, next year.