LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 301 users in the forums

Alex Smith Stats for Sunday. Pick the closest or predict your own...

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Alex Smith Stats for Sunday. Pick the closest or predict your own...

• B650
  • Veteran
I think it's all about Gore. If he runs for 100 yards, we'll keep the game close. If not, say hello to 3-4.

Gore's success also will determine how well Smith does. I'm going to say that Gore has a decent day, and Smith ends up with 227 yards passing and 2 TDs.
Originally posted by Method:
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
I think we'll see a more quick passes to minimize the chance of INTs.

16/21 - 180(+/-) yards - 0tds 0ints.

Look for Gore or Norris to get the TDs.

Lambda, what happened to you? You used to be the amongst the biggest Smith fans on the forum, but now it seems like you aren't. 180 yards? Yikes.

Im still a big Smith fan. I just was over him being a Niner. Frankly I thought his career was done here. And at the end of the day, you just start to look at the big picture and see that he got beat out 2 years in a row it just settles in that maybe this guy just doesnt have it.

Im just more reserved with Smith. I believe in him, but Shaun Hill WAS winning and doing all the good things we wanted out of a QB so its hard to keep hanging on the back up.

I will say though, I never said Smith was a bust or that he sucks. I just began to think he was permanently damaged goods because of our organizations mishaps. Glad Alex is doing is well now.
  • UTniner
  • Info N/A
225yds 1td 1 int nothing great but enough to get a win behind the strong running of gore.
421 yards passing, 4 TDs
284 yards, 3 tds passing 0 ints, 32 yards rushing
I would like to see an effort to get the ball downfield early in the game. For the love of God, we have to throw deep when we see 8 and 9 defenders in the box. After the offense establishes the PASSING GAME and the Colts back up their safeties, then it's Gore's turn to gash them.

If Raye can find the balls to call aggressive plays early in the game, then Smith could have some good stats. If he and Sing keep up with the old school "run to set up the pass" we'll find ourselves behind 28 points before the half. The offensive line simply is NOT good enought to "impose it's will" on the defense when they KNOW what is coming.

I'd love to see the Niners start out in shotgun formation with 4 WRs, ready to ATTACK!!!!! But we'll most likely see the now typical 2 TE, 1 RB set with a very safe short passing route OR a 2yd run.

please Raye, have the courage to call intermediate and deep passes early in the game.........before we have 3 or 4 3-and-outs........and before we're down 21 points........
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Originally posted by skylynx05:
Smith re-injures shoulder coming from a sack in the 2nd quarter.

Sadly, I think this is possible. I also picked the three interceptions choice -- but I don't think he'll have anywhere close to 160 passing yards.

I'm sorry Alex Smith fans, but I'm afraid we're about to be handed a double-dosage of "reality cough syrup." The Colts are scary good.

Unless our offensive line responds with a whale of a game, this one will be over early.

We are gonna have to make them pay with play action and draws to slow down the ends for sure. If what Smith did last Sunday was legit, getting rid of the ball that quickly and accurately, we should have a puncher chance in this one.

I was thinking draws, screens & a deep shot early to keep the defense honest!
Originally posted by FourNine49:
The stat I'm hoping for:

4-3

This, but like Syber, I am hoping for the best and expecting the worst. This is the number 1 rated pass defense.

They have the #1 rated pass offense
Originally posted by Super5:
Originally posted by FourNine49:
The stat I'm hoping for:

4-3

This, but like Syber, I am hoping for the best and expecting the worst. This is the number 1 rated pass defense.

They have the #1 rated pass offense

Yeah the pass D is 6th, someone already cleared that up for me.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
197 yards, 1 TD 3 INTS, 6 sacks, 34 rushing yards

or

317 yards, 2 TD, 2 sacks, 34 rushing yards

We have to have at least 3 TDs and a couple of field goals to keep up with Indy.

19 of 27 237yds 2TDs , 1 INT
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
expecting the worst, hoping for the best. That way, I wont want to blow my brains out by the end of the game.

That's what I expect.

Smith's endless line of excuses created by his supporters is getting old.

Having Crabtree is another example. "They need more time to mesh", will be said after today's game.

The ice caps will have melted by the time the 49ers get a decent QB and an OL.
315yds 4tds 50yds rushing
28-41 355yards 2-3 tds. That is if they run the same O they did in the second half against Houston.
111 for 113, 1197 yds, 27 tds, 0 int.

Smith fulfilled his #1 pick potential in one game and one game only. After massacring the shell-shocked Colt's defense, Smith's love for the game dissipates entirely and he leaves the gridiron for good. The loss is so shocking for Colt's QB Peyton Manning that he literally loses his mind and is checked into a nearby mental institution. During Smith's post-game interview he tell's ESPN's Susy Kolber that he would have led the 49ers on the game winning td vs. Houston last week but he caught a glimpse of someone wearing a Mike Nolan mask and for that one play (where he threw the int) he was his normal old self. Despite losing Smith forever his play inspires the 49ers so greatly that they ride momentum wave of obliterating the Colts to the next 4 SuperBowl wins. Michael Robinson, the former collegiate QB star, and now backup RB was so inspired by Smith's play that he outworks Shaun Hill and Nate Davis in practice, gains the starting QB job. He was also responsible for inducing at least 30 concussions during that SB run as Jimmy Raye, realizing Michael's potential, introduced a new twist to the "tazer formation" with his "TKO" formation featuring, of course, Michael Robinson.
Share 49ersWebzone