LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 214 users in the forums

Should I wear my #11 on Sunday???

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by carl:
When Smith was drafted by the 49ers, my brother-in-law bought me a #11 jersey as a gift. I'm thinking it was out of revenge for me constantly asking him when he was going to replace his New England Bledsoe jersey. As you may recall, NE got a new QB starting for them around that time.

Well, I've thrown my #11 jersey in the closet with my #81 jersey thinking that I'll just wear my #16 forever instead of buying jerseys of current players that I just can't stomach wearing after one season.

Is it bad luck to wear it? I just don't know if I can show Smith support yet. Sure he looked good against the Texan's last week. But we were down 21 points in the second half, Smith always looks good when we've already lost in the second half. But he also finally looked good getting the ball out quickly, reading progressions and throwing some short nearly accurate passes... I'm just not sure I believe the hype yet.

I think #11 will stay in my closet at least another week.

Thoughts?

You do not fit into the "Faithful" category. It is either all or nothing. Wear it and cheer for your team or closet it and abandon your team. Singletary preaches it is about the team more than any individual and I suppose that goes for any number as well.
The last time I wore it was against Seattle when he busted his shoulder. I'm not going to jinx him with that. But in the near future it may re-appear!
  • carl
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JoeMontana:
When Smith was drafted by the 49ers, my brother-in-law bought me a #11 jersey as a gift. I'm thinking it was out of revenge for me constantly asking him when he was going to replace his New England Bledsoe jersey. As you may recall, NE got a new QB starting for them around that time.

Well, I've thrown my #11 jersey in the closet with my #81 jersey thinking that I'll just wear my #16 forever instead of buying jerseys of current players that I just can't stomach wearing after one season.

Is it bad luck to wear it? I just don't know if I can show Smith support yet. Sure he looked good against the Texan's last week. But we were down 21 points in the second half, Smith always looks good when we've already lost in the second half. But he also finally looked good getting the ball out quickly, reading progressions and throwing some short nearly accurate passes... I'm just not sure I believe the hype yet.

Thoughts?

You do not fit into the "Faithful" category. It is either all or nothing. Wear it and cheer for your team or closet it and abandon your team. Singletary preaches it is about the team more than any individual and I suppose that goes for any number as well.

LOL. You're not qualified to judge me.
  • carl
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by valrod33:
if you wear it this week and we lose, its all on you man

I can't handle that kinda pressure. It stays in the closet.

Wear it we might win, then what??

I remember in 2006 when we played Seattle at home, and I wore my Frank Gore jersey. This lady sitting right next me made some silly comment when she saw my Frank Gore jersey...."pshh what has he done", next thing you know Gore had a 224 yard rushing day.

.......you just never know.

Gore never has good games vs Seattle.

Thoughts?

I just read your post.

Wear it with pride!

I still have my Davis jersey, but it is soooo worn and I wear my Willis Jersey religiously. I had one, but it was a cheapo so I gave it to another friend who wears it now.

Wear it with pride!
Carl, you and everyone else who ones one better wear it tomoro. This is the most attention Alex will get so why not.
Originally posted by Super5:
Originally posted by valrod33:
if you wear it this week and we lose, its all on you man

I can't handle that kinda pressure. It stays in the closet.

What we witnessed last week is the beginning of something new and exciting

WEAR IT

Go Niners!!

Okay! I wasn't going to wear it until I read your post. I'll scrounge it up and wear it Sunday!!!

I too saw a different Alex out there. Let's hope our #1 finally shows up.

You should probably check and see if your mother washed it. If she did, ask her permission to wear it.
  • carl
  • Veteran
WEARIN IT!!!!

hope you're happy
WEARIN IT!!!!

hope you're happy

Great! Now let's hope it has the mojo.

• carl
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fzrdave:
WEARIN IT!!!!

hope you're happy

Great! Now let's hope it has the mojo.

Maybe I shoulda worn a Manning jersey... well, maybe an Adai one.
Share 49ersWebzone