There are 113 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Did our game vs. Tennessee just get harder or easier?

• Adman
  • Veteran
Vince Young is officially starting this week. I'm assuming this means he will also start next week against us.

So how do you guys feel about this new development, and the differences he will bring to the Titans. Is this a good thing for us? Or bad thing for us?
who cares, he sucks too, I'll worry about it next week when we play them..

PICK CITY!!!!
Originally posted by jreff22:

PICK CITY!!!!

I call 3 picks! 1 by P-Willy, 1 by Bly, and 1 by Gholdson!
  • Adman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by King49er:
who cares, he sucks too, I'll worry about it next week when we play them..

f*ck yo couch!
Some nfl network guy said it best. Tennessee's problem isn't level of talent, it's inconsistancy and execution. In Vince Young you'd be bringing in a guy that has proven to be inconsistant and lacks proper execution. That's the whole reason Collins was starting. Collins is the more consistant player, you know what you are getting from him.
  • Adman
  • Veteran
I have mixed feelings...

1. He will throw some picks. But he will be harder to get pressure on since he is elusive.

2. Collins might throw picks, but is a statue and easy to get pressure on.
Originally posted by ninerfan21:
Some nfl network guy said it best. Tennessee's problem isn't level of talent, it's inconsistancy and execution. In Vince Young you'd be bringing in a guy that has proven to be inconsistant and lacks proper execution. That's the whole reason Collins was starting. Collins is the more consistant player, you know what you are getting from him.

True but Vince is more capable of creating the explosive play with his legs and arm. Thats something the offense has been lacking.
Im happy he is starting this week,

it gives the coaches some film to look at, and gameplan accordingly opposed to him starting next week and we having no film.

I dont think there WR's are good, so our biggest concern should be Chris Johnson.
f**k the titans
Who cares who the Titan QB is... it's just another game the 49ers must win. But to your point, if Young is the QB, he has to be accounted for with a SPY.
I think this makes it easier for us, but will worry about them next week.
Originally posted by MadMartz:
Originally posted by ninerfan21:

True but Vince is more capable of creating the explosive play with his legs and arm. Thats something the offense has been lacking.

And Collins hasn't been consistently executing this season, either. He's obviously not doing enough to win.

The real truth imo is that VY counts for $14 mil against the cap next year and they need to know if he's worth that. The only way to find that out is put him on the field. If he flounders than he's most likely gone in the offseason and Tenn drafts a QB with a high pick.
Dude are you kidding? Think about it their season is on the brink and the Journeymen QB that they have in place to "manage" games is stinking up the joint, so now they are planning on starting a former first round bust at QB man-o-man I would not want to be in their shoes!
If his passing has improved then he will make it tougher for the defense. I am not too worried about his running ability. If he is the same one-dimensional rushing QB then that will be to our advantage since our D is a good run-stopping defense. We will probably see a lot of 3 and outs if that is how he plays.

It is interesting that both Young and Smith are coming back at the same time to try and get their careers on the right track. I would imagine this is the last shot for both of them.