There are 131 users in the forums

So..... Are we still making the playoffs?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

So..... Are we still making the playoffs?

Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
...As soon as we get the lead it's three yards and a cloud of dust no matter who we are playing.

Originally posted by jcs:
We didn't beat anyone. They played DOWN to our level and it showed. They got lucky. We are still a bad team...with bad coaching and we still lack talent at pivotal positions.

Painful, but true.

When will it end?
  • pwilly
  • Info N/A
It seems almost impossible to me for us to win the division and get that last playoff spot.

The Cardinals remaining schedule is...

Bears, Seahawks (In AZ), Rams, Titans, Vikings, Niners, Lions, Rams, Packers (In AZ)

There are two questionable games in there I give them the win over the Bears and assume generously that they lose to us in SF. With wins over the awful hawks rams twice, titans, lions and pack at home that puts them at... 11-5. Tough to see us getting to eleven wins. Even if they go 10-6 with a loss to the pack and we have the tiebreaker that would mean we could only lose two more games the rest of the way against teams like the hawks in seattle, bears, pack, cards, eagles. FUC* Brett Favre that vikings game hurts so much now when I look at our chances. What do you guys think?

[ Edited by pwilly on Nov 5, 2009 at 21:43:36 ]
The only remaining game I see us losing is against the eagles we will finish 11-5 and win the west.
What about their game vs. the Panthers last week? Just because they're facing losing opponents doesn't mean that they're all guaranteed wins...
  • pwilly
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by NZNiner:
What about their game vs. the Panthers last week? Just because they're facing losing opponents doesn't mean that they're all guaranteed wins...

Agreed but a Panther team that is struggling to figure it out but is still talented is different than the rams twice, the hawks in AZ, and the vy led Titans, and the 0-16 lions.
I see them Losing 5 Games @ Bears, Vikings, @SF @ Tenn, and Packers

Making them 8-8

We need to finish 9-7 or better and were in.
I didn't expect Carolina to kick the crap out of Ariz at Arizona last week. SO anything can happen. Maybe Ariz just isn't that good?
  • pwilly
  • Info N/A
I hope your right
Originally posted by Hollywood49er:

Making them 8-8

That's it right there! Period!

We have to reach nine wins or call it a season.

We weren't supposed to hold the Colts to 18 points and Peyton without a TD.
Carolina wasn't supposed to kick Cardinal ass.

You never know.
dude we play almost all the same teams...

so does seattle. we all have easy schedules remaining. itll be a matter of whos the best at winning the games youre supposed to win.
Originally posted by Hollywood49er:

Making them 8-8

I see the same maybe a win at tenn to make them 9-7 and we will be 10-6 or 9-7 with the tie breaker so a division title is realistic.....very realistic
Damn. This thread really opened up my eyes. I am not as optimistic as you guys about the division title. Nobody thought we were going to beat Minnesota or Indy, but that Houston game killed us. Just shows that every single play counts (Favre).
I still believe. Anything can happen on any given sunday.
Share 49ersWebzone