LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 279 users in the forums

So..... Are we still making the playoffs?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

So..... Are we still making the playoffs?

I think the odds and Singletary's inexperience are against it. I appreciate and support his leadership and motivational skills...but, in the end, I doubt that's enough to get us to the playoffs. Like it or not, 'Zona's got better overall personnel and I think Whisenhunt's a good coach, most certainly with more experience than Singletary. They may be a better team now than they were a year ago...Beanie Wells is starting to come on and that makes their offense scary good. Their defense is up & down, but they have some playmakers. Dockett's one of the underrated DT's in the league and guys like Dansby, and now Alan Branch is beginning to assert himself, too. I see them repeating as NFC West champs. So, to answer the question, no, I don't see us in the playoffs this year.
  • JC49
  • Veteran
We needed a win off the 1-6 Titans. Every loss now is a nail in this season's coffin. We're as close to being in the basement of our division as we are to being on top. I am still clinging to hope but realism is asserting itself.
Yes, if we win 6 games.
Pry not
we'll see
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
I think the odds and Singletary's inexperience are against it. I appreciate and support his leadership and motivational skills...but, in the end, I doubt that's enough to get us to the playoffs. Like it or not, 'Zona's got better overall personnel and I think Whisenhunt's a good coach, most certainly with more experience than Singletary. They may be a better team now than they were a year ago...Beanie Wells is starting to come on and that makes their offense scary good. Their defense is up & down, but they have some playmakers. Dockett's one of the underrated DT's in the league and guys like Dansby, and now Alan Branch is beginning to assert himself, too. I see them repeating as NFC West champs. So, to answer the question, no, I don't see us in the playoffs this year.

I have to agree that it just isn't looking very good.
Can the 49ers rebound to make a playoff run?

One of many hot-starting teams (Giants, Ravens, Jets) in a major tailspin right now, Mike Singletary's 49ers began the year with a win against NFC West champion Arizona, a last-second loss in Minnesota and two more division wins. They were talking playoffs and then finally signed No. 1 pick Michael Crabtree. Well, they've lost four straight and definitely look like a long-shot club to be playing in late January. No way the 49ers catch the Cardinals in the West!

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/10344024/The-Day-After:-Biggest-questions-at-midseason
i'd like to finish 10-6 or 9-7 but i just don't know anymore
Playoffs won't happen. Jed York lied to me.

ONE GAME AT A TIME. IF WE WIN THURSDAY, I THINK WE STILL GOT A SHOT. GO NINERS.
Originally posted by Method:

IF WE WIN THURSDAY THE HOPE STAYS ALIVE A LITTLE BIT LONGER. I'LL AT LEAST BUY THAT

[ Edited by 49ERwhiner on Nov 10, 2009 at 13:20:36 ]
Originally posted by 49ERwhiner:
Originally posted by Method:

IF WE WIN THURSDAY THE HOPE STAYS ALIVE A LITTLE BIT LONGER. I'LL AT LEAST BUY THAT

I LOVE USING ALL CAPS.
Playoffs!!!!!!!

Originally posted by jays9ers:
NOPE!!!! Alex is not the answer.... We've been screaming for Jason Hill all yea The offensive line needs a total rehaul. Just play Nate Davis and see what you got.. Fu*k IT!!!!!

Share 49ersWebzone