There are 85 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Which side of the ball are you concern about, with the Colts Game this Sunday

Which side of the ball are you concern about, with the Colts Game this Sunday

• x49ersx123
  • Info N/A
Even if our Offense improves with Alex Smith, It will very difficult to stop Peyton Manning and that offense, and the way our defense is playing I don’t know if we can stop him
[ Edited by x49ersx123 on Oct 27, 2009 at 8:27 AM ]
Punt return would be a concern except we probably won't get any stops because we can't stop the pass anyways.
I guess I would say defense. The Colts offense can humble a defense. The Colts D doesn't really scare me. The only players I would really wanna contain is Dwight Freeney and Bob Sanders.
defense, only cuz the colts offense is so good.
Whichever side of the ball involves our players hanging on to it. We are killing ourselves with turnovers right now. We need to get back to generating turnovers on Dfense (i.e. playing disciplined D. as Coach Singletary emphasized in this weeks presser. and not coughing up punts and kickoff returns.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Peyton Manning is flat out scary, he seems to being playing the best of his career.
The experts said coaching and player changes would disrupt him, boy were they wrong. I just hope the defense can keep him under 35 points.
hopefully Payton will give away the snap count like Eli was on Sunday night.

"Omaha, SET!" GO MANNY GO!
Both, but the offense has a longer recent history of inadequacy. To still a win in Indy, it's going to take greatly improved play on both sides of the ball for the 9ers.
  • JC49
  • Veteran
Offensive line.

If our line improves everything does.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Honestly, Special Teams. The only thing that will keep us in this game is if we don't make any mistakes, and so far, the only one making them (which cost us the game) was Special Teams. Please use Spurlock or someone else not named Arnaz Battle.
I voted defense, because to have any chance against them, we need to get to Peyton and our coverage has to be the best all season. This guys is the best right now and looks unstoppable. What frustrates me, is that we are finding out that there were communication breakdowns in signals being called on our D.

This was the same D that was playing lights-out the first three weeks... how do you get worse??? Unbelievable!
Originally posted by SFVNiner:
I voted defense, because to have any chance against them, we need to get to Peyton and our coverage has to be the best all season. This guys is the best right now and looks unstoppable. What frustrates me, is that we are finding out that there were communication breakdowns in signals being called on our D.

This was the same D that was playing lights-out the first three weeks... how do you get worse??? Unbelievable!

I think too much is being made of the D's play. You guys mean to tell me you haven't seen ANY improvement going from the Atlanta game to Houston? They put up 21 first half points against us but seven of those were practically handed to them (courtesy of Battle).

Come the second half, we clamped down. Johnson, for all the pants pissing that was going on here only had TWO catches. And for all the press Owen Daniels got he only scored once. Considering the offensive talent Houston has I thought we did a pretty good job overall. It definitely could have been better (especially our TE coverage) but it wasn't terrible.

(BTW, I'd take Vernon's numbers from that game ANY DAY over Daniels's. Best TE in football my ass).

I'm not saying we're world beaters here but come on people, we're not half as bad as some of you make it out to be. Currently we're ranked 10th in total points allowed, and 11th in total yards allowed. THAT IS NOT BAD.

Relax people.
Originally posted by baltien:
Originally posted by SFVNiner:

I think too much is being made of the D's play. You guys mean to tell me you haven't seen ANY improvement going from the Atlanta game to Houston? They put up 21 first half points against us but seven of those were practically handed to them (courtesy of Battle).

Come the second half, we clamped down. Johnson, for all the pants pissing that was going on here only had TWO catches. And for all the press Owen Daniels got he only scored once. Considering the offensive talent Houston has I thought we did a pretty good job overall. It definitely could have been better (especially our TE coverage) but it wasn't terrible.

(BTW, I'd take Vernon's numbers from that game ANY DAY over Daniels's. Best TE in football my ass).

I'm not saying we're world beaters here but come on people, we're not half as bad as some of you make it out to be. Currently we're ranked 10th in total points allowed, and 11th in total yards allowed. THAT IS NOT BAD.

Relax people.

Of course we're not push-overs, but it just pains me to hear about breakdown in coverage... that's elementary stuff, like jumping off-sides and not knowing the right play coming out of a time-out. Yes, the 2nd half was a moral victory in not allowing any TD's, so i hope that was a step in the right direction.
Both because neither have been consistent.
I'm not worried about any side of the ball. The Colts are the ones who better be worried because we are going to slap them with the right, then come back with the right hand for the biatch slap and follow that with a left hook.

Peyton Manning will be crying.