There are 184 users in the forums

We are going to beat the Colts

Shop Find 49ers gear online

We are going to beat the Colts

Discuss.
In before the lock! Indy is going to have thier way with us next Sunday. We are not at thier level yet, not even close. But anything can happen as they say.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
I expect that we'll start the game off very slow and stubborn, just like we've done all season. Then, we'll force Smith to play catch-up against the best QB in the NFL. It's a recipe for success.
The ONLY way the niners can win against the colts is to put up 28-35 points, and that might not be enough.

What does that mean?

Spread offense, come out firing.

Go for it on 4th down, to punt, will only mean Peyton will get back the ball to the line of scrimmage in 2-3 plays.

Score TD's, do not settle for FG's.

Our D cannot contain their O, simple as that. Maybe play bend but not break, aka Nolan and company, to avoid the big plays.
Originally posted by strickac:
I expect that we'll start the game off very slow and stubborn, just like we've done all season. Then, we'll force Smith to play catch-up against the best QB in the NFL. It's a recipe for success.

It's not an actual 49er game until Gore gets stuffed 9-10 times.

At least playing catch up, it's a lot harder to get your hopes up.
i think this will be closer than people think and lower scoring than people think...

the closest the colts came to a loss this year was in miami, where the dolphins ran all over the colts, i think we will be able to get the run game going since smith has shown that he can pick up those 15-20 plays, they wont be able to just stack the box with 8....we run the ball and keep the ball away from peyton

unfortunately, when peyton has the ball it will be very difficult to stop him, i predict 24-20 loss
i voted yes
our only chance is for the colts to look past us. Like the eagles did the raiders. But I don't think the colts would do that.

• boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by boast:

thats awesome you should post that in the webzone smileys

Just about every game we have started off with a pass. Last week our first series was 2 passes to 1 run. I just don't know what else the OC can call to make some people on here happy. 60 passes to 2 runs?
Originally posted by miked1978:

Just about every game we have started off with a pass. Last week our first series was 2 passes to 1 run. I just don't know what else the OC can call to make some people on here happy. 60 passes to 2 runs?

Have Gore line up as a wideout, and put Spurlock in the backfield.
Share 49ersWebzone