Originally posted by pd24:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by pd24:
Originally posted by valrod33:
We don't have much talent. Well less than most NFL teams.

~ O LINE sucks.
~ D LINE sucks.
~ Safety sucks.
~ WR still a question mark.
~ QB still a question mark.
~ KR / PR just horrible.
~ GM a big question mark.
~ Coach - game day decisions and clock management are a HUGE QUESTION MARK.

This team is not the most well positioned club.

Did you even read the OP or even the title of the thread or did you just find another positive 9er thread you can come in and ruin with your negativity.

He is talking about the talent we have, the OP never said the entire team was talented, he just said we are starting to collect talent such as Crabtree, Vernon Davis, Josh Morgan, Patrick Willis and its something we can look forward to. Your post has nothing to do with this thread so take your negative garbage into one of your threads

At this point I think you are just doing this to get a rise out of everybody.

The good:

~ Alex is playing well again.
~ VD is great and possibly headed to the Pro Bowl.
~ Willis is one of the best at his position.
~ Crabtree looks like he will be very good.

Morgan is very overrated on this site. He is slow, drops the ball, and quits on patterns when the ball is in the air. I don't get the Morgan love. He needs to be replaced. He's more of a #3. Well he is a #3 now that Crabtree has replaced him and that's where he belongs IMO.

He is not even to 20 in drops in the NFL. Look what he he did when Alex came in. You are going to be a pretty angry man or woman next year when Bruce is gone and Morgan is the #2 WR.

When Bruce is gone we need a different WR. He gets caught from behind, drops the ball and doesn't run his patterns hard. And he complains of passes "coming down like a PUNT."

I WANT WINNERS.
Yeah, Morgan has the Job locked up.

Give me 2 DIVA'S at WR. You guys like this.

~ Hang out with HAMMERTIME.
~ Good friends with NEON DEION PRIME TIME SANDERS.
~ Hold out for a big contract.
~ Wear lots of expensive jewelry and very expensive suits.
~ Some guys even write books like "Throw me the damn ball."

Guys like that and then we will have 2 winners at WR. We have one already. Now we just need a 2nd guy. Those are always the best WR's.

I don't know if that was an attempt at humor or not. If it was, you need new material. The 3 best recievers in the NFL Andre Johnson, Fitz, and Calvin johnson are not divas, they just work hard.

~ O LINE sucks.
~ D LINE sucks.
~ Safety sucks.
~ KR / PR just horrible.

Agree on the O-Line

Disagree on the D-Line . . . at least with the down three where I think we're pretty solid. Through six games we have the #6 rush D in the league. We obviously need to add a consistent outside pass rush threat.

The WR and QB question marks will be answered over the next two months. Can Alex Smith finally settle in and can we rely on youngsters Crabtree, Morgan, Jones and Hill beyond 2009?

KR/PR is an issue . . . but not exactly a franchise cornerstone.
  • Veteran
When it comes to Sacks in the 3-4 the D-Line doesn't usually rack up sacks the OLBs do. Of course we could have more from the D-line but we shouldn't be expecting DeMarcus Ware type numbers becuase they have different responsibilities most of the time.

Josh Morgan will be fine, let him develop some chemistry with the QB and get more play time under his belt, and he won't be so up and down.
Originally posted by insanemike27:
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by mayo63:
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by mayo63:
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
I'll feel better once we have collected some OL talent..

We'll address that in the draft and free agency.

Hope so homie b/c they sure didn't address it last year in the draft or free agency.

If Crabtree didn't fall to us we would have probably taken Oher. So, we'll just take one this year.

True but one thing this front office has showed it's a lack of finding and evaluating good o line talent. Staley is good in pass protection but his run blocking isn't that good. Chilo, and Baas are playing like 3rd stringers. They could have re signed Smiley who is playing great. Then you have the debacle at RT. They gotta get this o line together. Skins went from the playoffs to one of the worst teams in the league simply b/c they paid no attention to their o line at all.

Is it the linemen we draft and get through free agency or is it the coaching? That is the real question.

Mixture of both but who really knows in the long run. I would welcome a change at OL coach next year. I think Chilo can be coached up. But I think Baas just isn't a good player
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

~ O LINE sucks.
~ D LINE sucks.
~ Safety sucks.
~ KR / PR just horrible.

Agree on the O-Line

Disagree on the D-Line . . . at least with the down three where I think we're pretty solid. Through six games we have the #6 rush D in the league. We obviously need to add a consistent outside pass rush threat.

The WR and QB question marks will be answered over the next two months. Can Alex Smith finally settle in and can we rely on youngsters Crabtree, Morgan, Jones and Hill beyond 2009?

KR/PR is an issue . . . but not exactly a franchise cornerstone.

agreed especially on the bolded..we don't need a Devin Hester or something, just someone who doesn't fumble and gets somewhat decent yardage. That's two weeks in a row that we've had a costly fumble that cost us points. That fumble in ATL shifted all the momentum we had and any chances we had..the Battle fumble pretty much cost us the game.
  • dald1
  • Veteran

we oline talent but we let it go....twice

The 9ers will not be legit until the O-line becomes much improved. On the other hand, the general talent level of the team is much improved over a few years ago. Now let's just hope Alex Smith has become real and not just a one half wonder.
Share 49ersWebzone