There are 274 users in the forums

O-line and all we will still win 9-10 games this season!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Look at our schedule, we should be 10-6 or 9-7 when it's all said and done! I had us beating the Texans but when you look ahead the Texans are tougher than half of our remaining schedule!

We are a passing team because we can't run block, but if we can ever get Gore going than we could trully be 11-5 or 10-6.

Your thoughts?
  • wshaheen321
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Look at our schedule, we should be 10-6 or 9-7 when it's all said and done! I had us beating the Texans but when you look ahead the Texans are tougher than half of our remaining schedule!

We are a passing team because we can't run block, but if we can ever get Gore going than we could trully be 11-5 or 10-6.

Your thoughts?

So who are we beating and who are we losing to? I'd like to see why you think we can beat and lose to those teams as well.
  • RowdyRaza
  • Info N/A
we can beat the titans, the bears, maybe the packers, the jags, the seahawks, the cardinals,the lions and the rams. i think we'll lose two or three of these games which will give us a 9-7 record all we got to do is beat the cards cuz they wont have more then 9 wins
Originally posted by wshaheen321:

Your thoughts?

So who are we beating and who are we losing to? I'd like to see why you think we can beat and lose to those teams as well.

@Colts - loss
Titans - win
@Packers - loss but beatable
Jaguars - win
@Seahawks - win
Cardinals - toss-up (we will be pumped and at home on monday night)
@Eagles - toss-up
Lions - win
@Rams - win

What do you think? This is a pretty soft schedule.
Originally posted by RowdyRaza:
we can beat the titans, the bears, maybe the packers, the jags, the seahawks, the cardinals,the lions and the rams. i think we'll lose two or three of these games which will give us a 9-7 record all we got to do is beat the cards cuz they wont have more then 9 wins

Exactly, see above...
I think it depends a lot on how Alex plays the rest of this season.
We aren't making the playoffs this year. Even with 9 wins, we won't be able to catch the Cards. We might match up well with them, but they're better against just about everyone else.

I'm hoping we take a 9-7 season into next year and our 2 1st rounders help us out.
Originally posted by Leathaface:
We aren't making the playoffs this year. Even with 9 wins, we won't be able to catch the Cards. We might match up well with them, but they're better against just about everyone else.

I'm hoping we take a 9-7 season into next year and our 2 1st rounders help us out.

You are right about the cards, they have an even weaker schedule than us. ll they have to worry about is us, the Vikings, and green bay!

But you never know, that last loss to us sent them spiraling for a few weeks so if we can hit then again who knows?
Hopefully, but it's going to take at least 10 if we want a playoff berth.
  • dj43

Your thoughts?

@Colts - loss
Titans - win
Jaguars - win
@Seahawks - win
@Eagles - toss-up
Lions - win
@Rams - win

There are five wins in that list:
Titans
Jags
Seahawks
Lions
Rams

The Eagles is the most likely upset. McNabb is not what he used to be.

Packers will be tough at their place.

AZ looked very good Sunday night. They seem ready to roll. Warner still gets it done.

8-8, maybe 9-7 - not good enough for a wild card as Cards go 10-6 to win the division.

The unknown is how much of an inspirational boost will the OL get if Smith continues his hot play. Sometimes that is all a team needs to get it together.

This was a big win for the Cardinals Sunday night they looked pretty good. Eli didn't tho...

Anyway -- if our O-Line meshes and we play the spread to utilize Smith's talent (and he plays well), I can see us going for 9 wins with maybe an upset of Green Bay or Philly.
[ Edited by chico49erfan on Oct 26, 2009 at 11:00 PM ]
8-8 or 9-7 are winning records! Something to trully build on since we haven't had a winning season since 2003!
  • B650
  • Veteran
I don't think 9 wins will be enough. You're going to need at least 10 wins this season to make the playoffs, because the Eagles, Cowboys, and Falcons all will probably finish with at least 9 wins, and the Falcons already have the tie-breaker advantage against us because they beat us. The Eagles will also beat us (most likely). So that's 2 teams that we have to be 1 game up on in order to advance to the playoffs.

I have the Falcons at 9-7.
Eagles at 10-6.
Cowboys at 10-6.

They all have pretty rough schedules, so we're going to be in this thing until the last week of the season.

As for the division, I think Arizona will finish 10-6. So if we finish 10-6, most likely, I think that will get us to the playoffs (assuming we go 6-0 in the division).

Your thoughts?

@Colts - loss
Titans - win
Jaguars - win
@Seahawks - win
@Eagles - toss-up
Lions - win
@Rams - win

What about the Bears on Thursday night? WIN
Share 49ersWebzone