There are 130 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

will we become too crabtree focused?

Originally posted by AllForTheNiners:
Originally posted by fandownunder5:
Originally posted by RonMexico:
during the game it looked like alex and shaun were predetermining they were passing to him even when we had other recievers open earlier and over the first down marker.

no

it didn't

/thread

yes it did
Originally posted by B_Carmine:

shaun didnt take his eyes off crabtree. morgan was wide open over the marker. all im saying is that if crabtree couldnt have made a play to get open then hill would have got sacked. i just dont want to see us put too much pressure and rely to much on a rook tooo much.

Actually if you watch the safety the entire time, he was cheating over towards Morgan, and when that happens it's usually because he's reading the QB's eyes. If Shaun threw it to Morgan, the safety would either have a quick break on it or Josh would have gotten blown up. He only looks that open because everybody started running towards Crabs when Hill threw it.

Crabtree ran such a good route. He has the DB turned around at one point. If he cut back up the middle instead of out to the sideline he woulda made the DB look foolish and maybe been open way deep over the top of the safety -- which I agree was attempting to bait shaun hill into throwing to morgan. (where Alex can throw it to him this weekend!)
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
during the game it looked like alex and shaun were predetermining they were passing to him even when we had other recievers open earlier and over the first down marker.

no

it didn't

/thread

yes it did

shaun didnt take his eyes off crabtree. morgan was wide open over the marker. all im saying is that if crabtree couldnt have made a play to get open then hill would have got sacked. i just dont want to see us put too much pressure and rely to much on a rook tooo much.

Actually if you watch the safety the entire time, he was cheating over towards Morgan, and when that happens it's usually because he's reading the QB's eyes. If Shaun threw it to Morgan, the safety would either have a quick break on it or Josh would have gotten blown up. He only looks that open because everybody started running towards Crabs when Hill threw it.

Crabtree ran such a good route. He has the DB turned around at one point. If he cut back up the middle instead of out to the sideline he woulda made the DB look foolish and maybe been open way deep over the top of the safety -- which I agree was attempting to bait shaun hill into throwing to morgan. (where Alex can throw it to him this weekend!)

Is it me, or is Vernon Davis wide open on this play as well?
Originally posted by B650:

no

it didn't

/thread

yes it did

everybody and JJ Stokes was open on that play!

no

it didn't

/thread

yes it did

That's a very small spot that would have netted 5-6 yards max

no

it didn't

/thread

yes it did

Ah my bad I was actually talking about VD in my other post, he was the one that the safety was moving towards over the middle. Good catch.
Originally posted by FourNine49:

no

it didn't

/thread

yes it did

i agree, it was a good pass/catch for good yardage -- much better to see than a dump-off or small pass. but yea gore and VD do seem to be open as cushing follows the other crossing route. lol, gore was just wide the whole time.
  • B650
  • Veteran

no

it didn't

/thread

yes it did

Looks like he was beyond the first-down marker...

no

it didn't

/thread

yes it did

The guy over the middle about 10 yards out is Josh Morgan. VD is running the left crossing route underneath with bruce going across the other way (i think)
  • B650
  • Veteran

no

it didn't

/thread

yes it did

The guy over the middle about 10 yards out is Josh Morgan. VD is running the left crossing route underneath with bruce going across the other way (i think)

Looks like Morgan is the one running the drag route about 5 yards from the LOS, and VD is the one about 10 yards deep. I think it's Morgan because of the way he runs. Morgan takes small, quick steps. Plus the number looks like 84.

no

it didn't

/thread

yes it did

yeah it is a bit hard to tell who is who in this gif.

but i think hill may have read cover 2 or 4, and was not expectin the MLB to go with (bruce?) and i think hill would have dumped it to gore if crabtree did not come open, gore was opening up as hill threw it( but stayed in to help block) and if he dumped that off it could have been huge, a (corner?), and 2 safeties with 2 blockers ahead of him.

where is NVchamps when you want him?
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jdt84_2:

no

it didn't

/thread

yes it did

yeah it is a bit hard to tell who is who in this gif.

but i think hill may have read cover 2 or 4, and was not expectin the MLB to go with (bruce?) and i think hill would have dumped it to gore if crabtree did not come open, gore was opening up as hill threw it( but stayed in to help block) and if he dumped that off it could have been huge, a (corner?), and 2 safeties with 2 blockers ahead of him.

where is NVchamps when you want him?

I watched that play again (I have it on tape) and from left to right it's Crabtree, Morgan, Davis, and Bruce. Morgan and Bruce both run shallow drags, while Davis is the one about 10 yards from the LOS and appears open. Crabtree was open as well, so a good decision by Shaun Hill there, even though he threw it a tad late.

I watched that play again (I have it on tape) and from left to right it's Crabtree, Morgan, Davis, and Bruce. Morgan and Bruce both run shallow drags, while Davis is the one about 10 yards from the LOS and appears open. Crabtree was open as well, so a good decision by Shaun Hill there, even though he threw it a tad late.

now would you see he was a tad late because he could not have gotten it off otherwise( had to step up). or do you think he could have gotten ir off and took the hit?

i love that this was made, but it is hard to see.
  • B650
  • Veteran

now would you see he was a tad late because he could not have gotten it off otherwise( had to step up). or do you think he could have gotten ir off and took the hit?

It looks like he had to slide to the left to avoid pressure and that threw him off a bit. He also got hit as he threw the ball. Plus, his arm strength isn't the greatest and the ball seemed to float out there without any zip, so the combination of those things is what caused the ball to arrive late. Crabtree almost ran out of room. The ball should be there just as Crabtree makes his cut. Still, a good play though considering Hill was pressured.

It looks like he had to slide to the left to avoid pressure and that threw him off a bit. He also got hit as he threw the ball. Plus, his arm strength isn't the greatest and the ball seemed to float out there without any zip, so the combination of those things is what caused the ball to arrive late. Crabtree almost ran out of room. The ball should be there just as Crabtree makes his cut. Still, a good play though considering Hill was pressured.

sorry about the mistyping. my laptop is about 5 words(not letters) behind me, and is making it rough to visually check myself.
dont know if its already been posted but here we go

even tho crabtree is going to be star. i think we need to be careful that we dont become too crabtree focused! during the game it looked like shaun was predetermining he was passing to him even when we had other recievers open earlier and over the first down marker.

a good QB should scan the field knowing when their recievers are going to make their move.

on the out play in one of the other posts, shaun eye balled crabtree from the snap didnt even look anywhere else. when we had two recievers open a few seconds earlier over the first down marker, luckily the rook was good enough to make a play but if he couldnt of got free shaun would have got sacked.

not complaining, if the kids good enough to make plays then milk him, but think we just need to be careful. especially once teams work out were gonna be throwing to him.

should be alright tho now that alex is gonna be QB looked like alex had the awareness to know when his recievers were gonna be open. very exciting!

thoughts?

I hope so , cuz look at the texans D foucsed on him and Gore and left VD to score 3 TD !