LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 234 users in the forums

will we become too crabtree focused?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
dont know if its already been posted but here we go

even tho crabtree is going to be star. i think we need to be careful that we dont become too crabtree focused! during the game it looked like shaun was predetermining he was passing to him even when we had other recievers open earlier and over the first down marker.

a good QB should scan the field knowing when their recievers are going to make their move.

on the out play in one of the other posts, shaun eye balled crabtree from the snap didnt even look anywhere else. when we had two recievers open a few seconds earlier over the first down marker, luckily the rook was good enough to make a play but if he couldnt of got free shaun would have got sacked.

not complaining, if the kids good enough to make plays then milk him, but think we just need to be careful. especially once teams work out were gonna be throwing to him.

should be alright tho now that alex is gonna be QB looked like alex had the awareness to know when his recievers were gonna be open. very exciting!

thoughts?
[ Edited by fandownunder5 on Oct 26, 2009 at 10:16 PM ]
caca con pelos
hmmm. Let's see. V.Davis had 96 yards and 3 TDs. If thats too "Crabtree focused" I'm all for it....:-)
Originally posted by pelos21:
caca con pelos

Who is?
Originally posted by fandownunder5:
during the game it looked like alex and shaun were predetermining they were passing to him even when we had other recievers open earlier and over the first down marker.

no

it didn't

/thread
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
hmmm. Let's see. V.Davis had 96 yards and 3 TDs. If thats too "Crabtree focused" I'm all for it....:-)

i agree, im not saying its a bad problem or a problem at all. we havnt had this situation about one of our recievers for a long time.
im just thinking about the future, if he gets extremely good and the coaches want to keep going to him and if we go to him too much then we miss out on the oppurtunities like VD got on the weekend to get his 3 td's
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

i agree, im not saying its a bad problem or a problem at all. we havnt had this situation about one of our recievers for a long time.
im just thinking about the future, if he gets extremely good and the coaches want to keep going to him and if we go to him too much then we miss out on the oppurtunities like VD got on the weekend to get his 3 td's

You take what the defense gives you. Unless you see a one on one matchup that you like with your go to guy. Who ever is open is supposed to get the ball.
Dont understand the title, thought maybe it was some of Buzzb's work.

I was disapointed when I could actually understand the post
I think they are too Davis focused. C'mon, three TD's in one game. Preposterous. Especially since he supposedly can't catch. Let's become win focused.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
"will we become to crabtree focused?"

Originally posted by jrg:

Im in the same boat
Originally posted by RonMexico:
during the game it looked like alex and shaun were predetermining they were passing to him even when we had other recievers open earlier and over the first down marker.

no

it didn't

/thread

yes it did
Originally posted by B_Carmine:

shaun didnt take his eyes off crabtree. morgan was wide open over the marker. all im saying is that if crabtree couldnt have made a play to get open then hill would have got sacked. i just dont want to see us put too much pressure and rely to much on a rook tooo much.
Originally posted by marshniners24:

Im in the same boat

if you guys really are confused by that, you need to do some brain exercises of some kind

replace to, with too

make sense now?

you're welcome
Originally posted by RonMexico:
Originally posted by marshniners24:

Im in the same boat

if you guys really are confused by that, you need to do some brain exercises of some kind

replace to, with too

make sense now?

you're welcome

ohhhhhhhhhhh

"Will we become too focused on crabtree"

would have made more sense

will we become too crabtree focused in the passing game and in offence sorry bit misleading my bad
[ Edited by fandownunder5 on Oct 26, 2009 at 10:05 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone