LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 247 users in the forums

Game Planning

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Yep... It sucks.. This is Singletary’s biggest weakness is his overall game planning. We had two weeks to prep for the Texans and we did absolutely nothing to slow down Owen Daniels and Andre Johnson.. Ok so Johnson didn’t have a great day but dear God how difficult is it to double cover Daniels?? At least bump him off the line where ever he lines up at or motions to, instead of giving him all those free releases. We did nothing to address the crappy running game, we ran the same running plays out of the same formations with zero success. Sing is a Rookie head coach and it shows….
You call keeping AJ to two catches nothing? And for OD we've always had a hard time stopping the TE.
Originally posted by jays9ers:
Yep... It sucks.. This is Singletary’s biggest weakness is his overall game planning. We had two weeks to prep for the Texans and we did absolutely nothing to slow down Owen Daniels and Andre Johnson.. Ok so Johnson didn’t have a great day but dear God how difficult is it to double cover Daniels?? At least bump him off the line where ever he lines up at or motions to, instead of giving him all those free releases. We did nothing to address the crappy running game, we ran the same running plays out of the same formations with zero success. Sing is a Rookie head coach and it shows….

Ummmm Sing is the HC not the Offensive coordinator. Raye and Maunusky is who you should be pointing the finger at here IMO.
Originally posted by kingairta:
You call keeping AJ to two catches nothing? And for OD we've always had a hard time stopping the TE.

What happend to Manny Lawson? I remember him playing man coverage on TEs and shutting them down. Why dont we go back to that?
Originally posted by MadMartz:

What happend to Manny Lawson? I remember him playing man coverage on TEs and shutting them down. Why dont we go back to that?

because everyone wants that glory stat known as the sack. Until Lawson gets 50 sacks a season he will always be known as a bust on this forum. I was screaming at the TV for them to put Lawson on Daniels. I guess the coaches didn't hear me.
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by MadMartz:

because everyone wants that glory stat known as the sack. Until Lawson gets 50 sacks a season he will always be known as a bust on this forum. I was screaming at the TV for them to put Lawson on Daniels. I guess the coaches didn't hear me.

Don't feel bad I was screaming it from 7 rows back and they didn't listen to me.
Share 49ersWebzone