There are 106 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

field goal instead of going for it on 4th down

i dont remember where we were on the field but the field goal seemed makeable to tie.

though i have to admit that i was of the go for the td mindset.

why is sing not getting flak for not opting for the field goal? and his horrible clock management at the end?
naw, we needed another first just to be in 50-54 yard range.
Yea, Nedney regularly makes 65 yard field goals.
  • SoCold
  • Veteran
I blame Hill watch the play had Gore in the flat wide open didn't even look his way

I know this is a tad different but I was upset with that last little bit of playcalling but even more PISSED at the end of the game and this frickin Defense could get the Texans out on 3rd down before they got the field goal. I know it was only 3 points they allowed in the 2nd half but still...the defense NEEDED to stop them and could not get it done.
Originally posted by nvninerfan1:
  • SoCold
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Giants9ersfan:
I know this is a tad different but I was upset with that last little bit of playcalling but even more PISSED at the end of the game and this frickin Defense could get the Texans out on 3rd down before they got the field goal. I know it was only 3 points they allowed in the 2nd half but still...the defense NEEDED to stop them and could not get it done.

yep a big stop in the 2nd half would have been nice

and Hill looking at Gore on 4th and 2

and Battle catching a punt

and the 9ers D not being on the field for 12min in the first quarter
Originally posted by 9erfan4life:
I blame Hill watch the play had Gore in the flat wide open didn't even look his way

Yea that was a bad play by Hill but once again he was under pressure. He didn't even look in that direction though.
  • SoCold
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pwilly52:

It would have been from 56 his career long he's had one 56 yard FG in his 50 year career.
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
That would have been a unmakable kick, we were still in our territory.
Originally posted by 9erfan4life:
Originally posted by Giants9ersfan:

yep a big stop in the 2nd half would have been nice

and Hill looking at Gore on 4th and 2

and Battle catching a punt

and the 9ers D not being on the field for 12min in the first quarter

Or even left it alone!!!

Even three and out would have gave our D a much longer field to defend.
Originally posted by ninersush:
i dont remember where we were on the field but the field goal seemed makeable to tie.

though i have to admit that i was of the go for the td mindset.

why is sing not getting flak for not opting for the field goal? and his horrible clock management at the end?

Wait.. you dont even know where the Niners were on the field and at the time wanted to go for a TD yet you make this thread? Unreal. Nedney could not have made that field goal if his life depended on it.

/thread
  • Adman
  • Veteran
Dude we were on like our own 45 yard line. It would have been like a 70 yarder.