LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 404 users in the forums

No O-Line = no playoffs

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Look, it has been six f**ken weeks and we still can't run the damn ball against a suspect defense. Granted we were down quick but the first couple of series we couldn't run for anything. We have a top 5 back in this league and we cant even block so he can gain one yard.
Something has to be done, don't know what though.

As far as pass blocking it looked like s**t in the first half but i am not sure how much to blame hill. In the second half it looked pretty good so i will play the wait and see approach, if we play smith next week we will see if it was the o line blocking or hill holding the ball to long.
Understand and agree. However, I too would like to see if the second half was just a
mirage or if changing personnel and formations can make our offense click.

As for being up 21-0, I blame our anemic offense more than our defense or Battles muff of the punt.

You simply cannot go 3 and out over and over again in this league and expect to win.
All I have to say is the cards did it to the Super Bowl with no Oline last season
Originally posted by redmanc07:
All I have to say is the cards did it to the Super Bowl with no Oline last season

they also had a very good passing game. Lousy D tho.
Originally posted by darkknight49:
Originally posted by redmanc07:

they also had a very good passing game. Lousy D tho.

This is also true, I know its apples to oranges but I think we can do it. We dont have the talent at WR they do but we do have them beat in the TE and RB department. All we will need is the QB to make quick decisions when the pressure is on
Our o line is part to blame but so is our passing game, without any threat downfield the D can just stack the box.

Hopefully Smith continues what he did yesterday and that should definitely open up the running game.
Rod Brooks is ripping the oline. Saying they are getting worse each game!! We need to address something this FA and draft to shore this up! Ever since larry allen and jenning left we have been garbage !
Originally posted by maximill15:
Rod Brooks is ripping the oline. Saying they are getting worse each game!! We need to address something this FA and draft to shore this up! Ever since larry allen and jenning left we have been garbage !

Well if Rod says so.. LOL. I think anyone with 2 eyes and half a brain can see that this offensive line is.. well offensive. They are failing in every apsect of the game. It better be the #1 priority in the draft thats for sure.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by maximill15:

Well if Rod says so.. LOL. I think anyone with 2 eyes and half a brain can see that this offensive line is.. well offensive. They are failing in every apsect of the game. It better be the #1 priority in the draft thats for sure.

LOL, ROD SPEAKS THE TRUTH BABY! And I agree, we better draft 2 OL with out first 4 picks imo, assuming we don't do anything via FA
  • KingYuma
  • Info N/A
Did not get a chance to see this past game. But six games in and a lot of sacks & pressure is a major concern. I know that Smith played well but will get jacked some time soon if the line continues this way. I know that Sing picked Smith to start, but do you play Smith and risk injury or start Hill and fix the o-line problem next year?

i think that when they see that alex can indeed pass the ball further than 20 yards, then the defenses will stop blitzing and it will be easier for the o-line to slow everything down, start getting into a rythm, maybe they could turn into a mediocre line at least...... lets just hope alex keeps it up though
The houston texans have held the 4 past teams they played to under 80 yards rushing their LB's are getting healthy and playing well.
Here are the past 4 teams

Oakland
Arizona
Cincinnati
San Francisco
  • krizay
  • Veteran
49ers OLine rankings FWIW

0.0 I guess is the average. With Positives being positive

Pasho: 1.6 overall rating 1.7 pass blocking 0.9 run blocking. allowing 2 sacks, 0 hits, 1 pressure. -1.0 penalties

Staley -4.6 overall rating , 1.4 passing, -.6 running. allowing 2 sacks, 4 hits, 3 pressures 0.0 penalties

Snyder: -7.4overall rating, 4.5 blocking, 2.9 running. allowing 4 sacks, 1 hit, 4 pressures 0.0 penalties

Baas: -6.3overall rating, 0.1 passing, -6.9 running, allowing 2 sacks, 2 hits, 2 pressures 0.0

Rachal: -6.8overall rating, -1.9 passing, -4.9 running, allowing 2 sacks, 3 hits, 6 pressures 0.0 penalties

Heitmann: -0.3overall rating, 1.7 passing, -1.5 running, allowing 0 sacks, 0 hits, 3 pressures -1.0 penalties

Vernon Davis: -2.6overall rating, 0.5 passing, -1.7 running. -2.5 penalties. Doesn't show sacks allowed, hits and pressures.

As per this site

before the last game.
[ Edited by krizay on Oct 26, 2009 at 5:54 PM ]
sign Jon Runyan!
One thing I have noticed is that they are not engaging in there blocks fast enough. They are letting the defenders get to deep before they engage them. That's why the pockets are closing so quickly.
Share 49ersWebzone