There are 168 users in the forums

Diryl Briggs/Alex Boone

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I'd cut Battle or Spurlock for Briggs and Sims for Boone (depending on Pashos shoulder injury).
Originally posted by kronik:
I'd cut Battle or Spurlock for Briggs and Sims for Boone (depending on Pashos shoulder injury).

we need to cut Spurlock and M.Harris, Harris sucks I haven't seen him make one play all year long. I want to see Briggs get in there and Boone is at least big maybe he can run block at least.
Originally posted by Thizz415:
Boone needs this whole year to develop and Briggs needs to have added at least 10 more pounds of muscle to be effective because he has some great moves but not strong enough to be effective with NFL starting Olinemen.

Scouts say the same thing about every "tweener" DE. Along the lines of "needs to add bulk and stregth to be effective against o-lineman". I'm sure the scouting reports on Leonard Little, Jevon Kearse, Elvis Dummevil, and every other tweener had the same comments. Not saying Briggs is anywhere near as good as those guys, but would love to see him elevated to 53 man roster.

To make room I would send Spurlock packing.
Good post, I agree, at least bring Briggs up and you have to start considering bringing Boone up, esspecially if Pashos is out.
Boone is very raw. Struggled mightily in the preseason. He should feel lucky he has a job on the PS.
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Good post, I agree, at least bring Briggs up and you have to start considering bringing Boone up, esspecially if Pashos is out.

Maye thats why they signed Patrick
Briggs looked like a potential playmaker and Boone looked like a worthy project. Hence, Briggs is getting called up for the seventh game and Boone is still developing.
Originally posted by fzrdave:
Briggs looked like a potential playmaker and Boone looked like a worthy project. Hence, Briggs is getting called up for the seventh game and Boone is still developing.

Agreed. Hope we get to see Briggs get in on some passing downs.
Originally posted by GEEK:
Couldn't hurt at this point. Cut ties with Evans and Cody Wallace, and activate Briggs and Boone.

WTF has Evans done besides pick up paycheck's this season
this was deft the worst free agent period in recent years BAD management in my behalf.

If ppl in here say Boone aint ready to go what makes u think Patrick what ever his name is
is ready to go???
hes in the same place Boone was in the Practice squad BUT for the last 3 years!!!
roll the dice with Boone he should be usefull for something i mean come on the guy is a mammoth!!!
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
Originally posted by GEEK:
Couldn't hurt at this point. Cut ties with Evans and Cody Wallace, and activate Briggs and Boone.

WTF has Evans done besides pick up paycheck's this season
this was deft the worst free agent period in recent years BAD management in my behalf.

If ppl in here say Boone aint ready to go what makes u think Patrick what ever his name is
is ready to go???
hes in the same place Boone was in the Practice squad BUT for the last 3 years!!!
roll the dice with Boone he should be usefull for something i mean come on the guy is a mammoth!!!

I'm disappointed in him too, I was hoping he would at least provide some punch as a reserve lineman, but I dont think I have heard his name even once or being in on a big stop.

Nice to see Briggs called up. I doubt we'll see him much on defense for a couple weeks. If he's active on gameday hopefully he can cause some havoc on special teams.

As far as Boone goes; If he was ready, he'd be on the 53 man roster. We're having WAY too many problems on the line. The coaches must feel like he's not ready to handle it.
Originally posted by 49erForLife420:
Originally posted by darkknight49:
Originally posted by 49erForLife420:
Originally posted by B_Carmine:
Boone ain't ready

yea and CRABTREE wasnt ready either rite??????? FREE ALEX BOONE!!!

crabtree is a whole nother talent compared to boone. Boone moves like hes in quicksand.

That being said, can he be much worse than what we have?[/quote

He is a huge man standing 6-8 try him out at RG or LT either one would be good... Chilo Rachal got blown up pretty badly today, it was hard to watch

you have smoked yo self retarded
Originally posted by Conejo:
so we've moved on from the mancrush on one practice-squader (Sheets) to Briggs and Boone I see ....

FWIW I think out of those 2 Boone has more to contribute to this team.

Exactly I wonder why there isn't a Sheets lights it up for the dolphins thread.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by Conejo:
so we've moved on from the mancrush on one practice-squader (Sheets) to Briggs and Boone I see ....

FWIW I think out of those 2 Boone has more to contribute to this team.

Exactly I wonder why there isn't a Sheets lights it up for the dolphins thread.

there is. It is in NFL Talk
Haha & Sheets lit it up this week.
Share 49ersWebzone