There are 276 users in the forums

Diryl Briggs/Alex Boone

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I remember in the PS every defensive player asked said Briggs stood out to them and he was doing a great job. He is on the practice squad now, since this guy showed some pass rushing potential in the PS and M.Harris/D.Evans aren't doing squat I think we need to bring this guy up.
Alex Boone-would have been picked in rounds 2 or 3 if he didn't act like a jackass before the draft. Our OL completely blows right now and Pashos who did at least play better than Snyder at RT is hurt. Bring this kid up and see what he can do especially if Pashos is hurt for a long time, how bad can he do? worse than B.Sims?
good points i hope we use boone
Boone ain't ready
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Couldn't hurt at this point. Cut ties with Evans and Cody Wallace, and activate Briggs and Boone.
Briggs should be giving a chance. Boone is to high risk..
I actually thought Barry Simms played pretty well. He did a much better job protecting the QB than Snyder.
I really wanna see what Briggs can do. Haven't seen enough of Boone, but would be nice if he could play & show some positive signs.
Originally posted by B_Carmine:
Boone ain't ready

yea and CRABTREE wasnt ready either rite??????? FREE ALEX BOONE!!!
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
I actually thought Barry Simms played pretty well. He did a much better job protecting the QB than Snyder.

every crap player has a good day once
Originally posted by 49erForLife420:
Boone ain't ready

crabtree is a whole nother talent compared to boone. Boone moves like hes in quicksand.

That being said, can he be much worse than what we have?

so we've moved on from the mancrush on one practice-squader (Sheets) to Briggs and Boone I see ....

FWIW I think out of those 2 Boone has more to contribute to this team.
Boone ain't ready

no
Originally posted by darkknight49:
Boone ain't ready

crabtree is a whole nother talent compared to boone. Boone moves like hes in quicksand.

That being said, can he be much worse than what we have?[/quote

He is a huge man standing 6-8 try him out at RG or LT either one would be good... Chilo Rachal got blown up pretty badly today, it was hard to watch
Boone needs this whole year to develop and Briggs needs to have added at least 10 more pounds of muscle to be effective because he has some great moves but not strong enough to be effective with NFL starting Olinemen.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

every crap player has a good day once

Yeah but our offense played well with him at RT too last year, even though he gave up too many sacks. If we brought up Boone I would think he might be a pretty good right guard prospect, he's 6'8'' and 330 or something like that. He wouldn't be getting blown up like Chilo is.
Share 49ersWebzone