There are 102 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Overall thoughts on the Texans games

yeah same here im starting to have my doubts about sing, and tempted with possibility of a proven leader like holmgrem.
lets just realize that houston does not have a good defense, but alex smith is still a likely upgrade over hill.
Originally posted by dhp318:
lets just realize that houston does not have a good defense, but alex smith is still a likely upgrade over hill.

They did a good job against the Bengals but yeah their secondary is not all that great but Alex Smith took advantage of that while Shuan Hill did/could not.
It's clear that Rachal could not get it together and I think Snyder took his job for good (at least for the rest of this season). Now the question is how bad was Pashos injury?

Also, I hope we give Michaeel Spurlock as a look at KR-PR, I mean he is taking up a roster spot and is the only guy on our roster that has a solid resume for returning kicks in the NFL so why not try him back there? I also wonder if Brandon Jones is in the doghouse for good....
If Alex starts and can continue to play well-1st downs/td's with less 3 and outs,the defense will be much more rested and only get better as evidenced in the second half.
Originally posted by Super5:
If Alex starts and can continue to play well-1st downs/td's with less 3 and outs,the defense will be much more rested and only get better as evidenced in the second half.

Yeah I hope we continue to open it up even to start the game, lets set up the run by passing and being aggressive and creative. But at least if it is a 3rd and 7 or longer we have a chance to convert as with Shuan Hill, he just could not get the ball down the field and once teams took away the flats and underneath stuff, he was useless.
Why is Battle even active on gameday? He almost fumbled a kick or two against the Falcons and today he finally did fumble.
He clearly isn't any better than Rossum was returning punts. I say get Spurlock going on PR/KRs.
As far as WRs go, Battle is expendable. He brings nothing new to the offense. He is a slow possession guy, but we already have a better one with Bruce.
Originally posted by AKfanster:
Why is Battle even active on gameday? He almost fumbled a kick or two against the Falcons and today he finally did fumble.
He clearly isn't any better than Rossum was returning punts. I say get Spurlock going on PR/KRs.
As far as WRs go, Battle is expendable. He brings nothing new to the offense. He is a slow possession guy, but we already have a better one with Bruce.

I agree, I would get in Spurlock as KR-PR and I would make Battle inactive and have J Hill or Brandon Jones active. You know Brandon Jones can also return punts and I know during TC they had him working some as a PR but I think he is in the doghouse.
Originally posted by DesiDez:
This will probably go unnoticed but our special teams coverage has been pretty bad this year. If it wasn't for two holding penalties against the Texans/ Jacoby Jones return and the Rams/Amendola return (first play of the Rams) game, this special teams would have given up 3 TD total (including or course Percy Harvin's return)

Our special teams coverage sucks big time this year. I'm scared everytime we have to kick it away this season.
I agree some people forget that Gore had his best year in 06 when regardless of stats, teams respected the long ball. If Smith spreads the ball like this consistently then Gore just may get his stats.
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by DesiDez:
This will probably go unnoticed but our special teams coverage has been pretty bad this year. If it wasn't for two holding penalties against the Texans/ Jacoby Jones return and the Rams/Amendola return (first play of the Rams) game, this special teams would have given up 3 TD total (including or course Percy Harvin's return)

Our special teams coverage sucks big time this year. I'm scared everytime we have to kick it away this season.

Thats because we keep shuffling differen't guys and a differen't group in there. Losing Ulbrich hurt but we go with a differen't special teams unit every week. I noticed Josh Morgan on the coverage units today for the first time all season.
Originally posted by Jersey9er:
I agree some people forget that Gore had his best year in 06 when regardless of stats, teams respected the long ball. If Smith spreads the ball like this consistently then Gore just may get his stats.

That's a very good point.

It's a great benefit for Gore if Smith settles in as a long term starter.

-9fA
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

-9fA

Gore needs Alex Smith in there as Alex Smith can throw the ball down the field and give us a solid passing game and a threat of a passing game unlike Hill. With Hill in there, Gore has no chance as he is facing 8 and 9 man fronts. Even on 3rd down, safeties cheat up because they don't respect Hill.
  • B650
  • Veteran
Surprisingly, I thought Roman did a pretty good job in the game. Goldson was actually more of a liability than Roman, and Clements seemed to have trouble covering a TE. I think Clements might actually have lost a step. Hopefully we get Smith and Lewis back soon.
  • 9ermj
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

-9fA

And vice a versa