There are 283 users in the forums

Alex Smith Bandwagon

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Originally posted by Nes49:
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
5200+ posts for Alex Smith Bandwagon thread. Im impressed

I'M TELLING YOU,...THIS THREAD WILL HIT 500+ PAGES BY THE START OF THE REGULAR SEASON!

This thread will hit 600 pages if Alex Smith turns in another pi$$-poor performance this Sunday on national TV.

And he will.

So much for not hoping he fails. Trying to rub it in everyone's faces and say told you so huh. Way to keep it classy dude, we're all 49er fans, you don't need to act like that.
Originally posted by 4evrfan:
All this back and forth is really meaningless except to exercise your debate and/or insult muscles. I think we can all agree this season is it for Smith. No more excuses. Either he proves, once and for all, that he can get the job done, or, he proves the naysayers right and is not worthy of the starting nod. And, I don't think it's unreasonable to be a bit skeptical. Still, Smith has also given us enough glimpses of competence to give reason for hope. However, if the old Alex surfaces; the guy who is off target, quick to dump off, lacking pocket presence, etc., I'll be calling for Carr or Davis (hopefully the latter if he shows good against tougher competition, as Raye suggests). I for one, am extremely curious and can't wait.

Sorry -- you do make sense -- but I still disagree.

Alex will probably fail again this season -- but there will still be people on this board who will make excuses for him. It will be either his line -- his receivers -- the playcalling -- the defense -- the fans who don't think he can succeed (that whole negative thinking thread was a real trip) -- my point is -- SOMEONE will start making excuses for him.

Not everyone mind you. Alex still has a lot of support on this board from posters who agree that this is the year for him to put up or shut up.

But people will continue to make excuses for him when he fails.

And he will fail

ive been waiting for someone with a real crystal ball, im happy to have found you mr bird

now with great power,comes great responsibility, i dont want to abuse the crystal ball, i just want to know when brittany spears breaks up with her current boytoy, and i need to know when, and what night she goes out and gets drunk lookin for revenge sex....

thank you

[ Edited by whiskywarlord on Aug 20, 2010 at 10:29:26 ]
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

I'M TELLING YOU,...THIS THREAD WILL HIT 500+ PAGES BY THE START OF THE REGULAR SEASON!

This thread will hit 600 pages if Alex Smith turns in another pi$$-poor performance this Sunday on national TV.

And he will.

So much for not hoping he fails. Trying to rub it in everyone's faces and say told you so huh. Way to keep it classy dude, we're all 49er fans, you don't need to act like that.

He's not "hoping". He's applying historical analysis to project future expectations.

I'm sure he's just as much a Niner fan as everyone else here, just tired of the same old mediocre crap.
Originally posted by BHulman:
All this back and forth is really meaningless except to exercise your debate and/or insult muscles. I think we can all agree this season is it for Smith. No more excuses. Either he proves, once and for all, that he can get the job done, or, he proves the naysayers right and is not worthy of the starting nod. And, I don't think it's unreasonable to be a bit skeptical. Still, Smith has also given us enough glimpses of competence to give reason for hope. However, if the old Alex surfaces; the guy who is off target, quick to dump off, lacking pocket presence, etc., I'll be calling for Carr or Davis (hopefully the latter if he shows good against tougher competition, as Raye suggests). I for one, am extremely curious and can't wait.

Alex will probably fail again this season -- but there will still be people on this board who will make excuses for him. It will be either his line -- his receivers -- the playcalling -- the defense -- the fans who don't think he can succeed (that whole negative thinking thread was a real trip) -- my point is -- SOMEONE will start making excuses for him.

Not everyone mind you. Alex still has a lot of support on this board from posters who agree that this is the year for him to put up or shut up.

And he will fail

At least you really hope he does.

I do not!

so your saying, you dont hope he fails, you know he will......interesting

sometimes, i order cheeseburges, then pull the cheese off....
Originally posted by whiskywarlord:

And he will fail

ive been waiting for someone with a real crystal ball, im happy to have found you mr bird

now with great power,comes great responsibility, i dont want to abuse the crystal ball, i just want to know when brittany spears breaks up with her current boytoy, and i need to know when, and what night she goes out and gets drunk lookin for revenge sex....

thank you

Dear Lord, I'd like that too.

But I'm too fricken old for Brittany Spears. My time came when Farrah was at her peak and Bo Derek was still a "10."
Originally posted by 9eridiot:

And he will.

He's not "hoping". He's applying historical analysis to project future expectations.

I'm sure he's just as much a Niner fan as everyone else here, just tired of the same old mediocre crap.

Dude, fact is he's coming in here and saying he'll fail, posting things like winking smilies, and then when people call him out on it, he's saying "well I don't want him to fail", when it's obvious he does, because if Smith doesn't fail then he'll look like a dumbass and have to eat crow. Which is what he's trying to make everyone else do after a down game from Smith. If he thinks he'll fail then he can say "I think he'll fail", but when he's saying "he will fail" like it's an automatic fact and posting smilies and stuff he's just trying to get under people skin and make himself look smart.

And he will fail

thank you

Dear Lord, I'd like that too.

But I'm too fricken old for Brittany Spears. My time came when Farrah was at her peak and Bo Derek was still a "10."

being in the right place, at the right time,,miracles can happen my good man.

And he will fail

thank you

Classic!

And he will.

Dude, fact is he's coming in here and saying he'll fail, posting things like winking smilies, and then when people call him out on it, he's saying "well I don't want him to fail", when it's obvious he does, because if Smith doesn't fail then he'll look like a dumbass and have to eat crow. Which is what he's trying to make everyone else do after a down game from Smith. If he thinks he'll fail then he can say "I think he'll fail", but when he's saying "he will fail" like it's an automatic fact and posting smilies and stuff he's just trying to get under people skin and make himself look smart.

Point taken.

Maybe Alex can get it straightened out and demonstrate he's just a late bloomer. From the looks of his recent outbursts in practice, maybe he can turn it around and prove us 'haters' wrong. I'd be happy to be able to get on the Bandwagon ...

And he will.

Historical analysis also project the oline playing horribly, receivers dropping passes, routes being ran incorrectly, and overall poor execution. The whole offensive TEAM has been mediocre not just one player.

And he will.

Dude. I have no problems with eating crow. I've been wrong before and have come back to eat my fill. I've been coming to this board for years -- been a 49er fan since I was born -- and nothing is going to change.

So -- yeah -- I'll be the first to say "I was wrong." Why would anyone think I would suddenly be afraid to post my thoughts on a message board when I've been doing so for years?

Oh -- and I'm not smart. Known that for years.

[ Edited by billbird2111 on Aug 20, 2010 at 10:47:19 ]

And he will.

Point taken.

Maybe Alex can get it straightened out and demonstrate he's just a late bloomer. From the looks of his recent outbursts in practice, maybe he can turn it around and prove us 'haters' wrong. I'd be happy to be able to get on the Bandwagon ...

Ya its like Alex is the drunk driver, and im not sure if i want to ride with him, he looks pretty gone. Im lookin for another ride but if i have to ill go with Alex
Originally posted by baybreaker707:

And he will.

Historical analysis also project the oline playing horribly, receivers dropping passes, routes being ran incorrectly, and overall poor execution. The whole offensive TEAM has been mediocre not just one player.

True. But, we did something about the O-line (2 1sts). That changes expectations. The worry is there's been no upgrade at QB.

And he will.

True. But, we did something about the O-line (2 1sts). That changes expectations. The worry is there's been no upgrade at QB.

So if you're 100% sure that those 2 moves to address the oline are upgrades, than we should also expect more from our running and passing game. Don't you think? Because history has proven that great olines make qbs and hbs perform better.

And he will.

So if you're 100% sure that those 2 moves to address the oline are upgrades, than we should also expect more from our running and passing game. Don't you think? Because history has proven that great olines make qbs and hbs perform better.

And they will. I am not saying that A.Davis and M.Iupati will dominate in their first year, but they will be a significant upgrade as the year progresses. Plus offensive continuity will only improve the offensive efficiency.

So for everyone that expects the offense to fail, I just don't know how you can base those predictions from last years' play and the improvements during the offseason. There should be marked improvement in pass protection, run protection, and route timing.

Playoffs! and maybe a deep run through the playoffs!
Share 49ersWebzone