There are 165 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

I thought we should have tradded Gore!!!!

Gore is our offense. He's the only person that other teams truly gameplan for. Coffee...sigh I don't know about him.
  • BigRon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by BigRon:
The only reason to trade Gore would be because we got the Steelers Oline + Brady.

steelers oline sucks Ben Roethlisraper has been sacked 16 times already

ya know you could have just fixed my post instead of calling me out.
OK, here's a question: with Gore's history of injury proneness, at what point and time do we draft or get a FA that is good enough to replace him?
You can't be fooled by preseason performances. Glen Dorsey looked good in preseason.
Originally posted by DANADA:
yep u were alone. Gore is our offense.

This
  • BigRon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ObePwnD:
OK, here's a question: with Gore's history of injury proneness, at what point and time do we draft or get a FA that is good enough to replace him?

Good Question Obe. Until we have a NFL quality passing game we won't be able to replace him, just substitute guys like Coffee, Clayton, Robinson, etc.
Guys like Gore are rare. How long has it been between sustained greatness at the running back position prior to Gore. Hearst for a year and a half. Watters? Craig? and before Roger you have to go all the way back to the early 60's.
  • titan
  • Veteran
COCAINE IS A HE** OF A DRUG!
Originally posted by mikeyc2281:
Originally posted by solidg2000:
You only now started to realize...
Your brain equals fail

I knew he was good, but the inability for other backs to do anything lead me to realize that he is a special back!!!!

The "inability" of "other" backs is the same inability of Gore - without proper blocking by the OL, NO back will gain yardage. Note that except for TWO runs, Gore has done very little more than anyone else in the running game.

Coffee will be fine once the OL jells and when/if Raye allows him to return to his natural running style instead of "one cut" nonsense.
I was thinking about this the other day too. I would've been in favor of it for maybe a 1st rounder and an additional pick. I think RBs are pretty easy to come by.

After seeing our lackluster offense, with Gore out. His value was really evident.

That said, I'd take a dominant O-line over any player (QB or RB). Even average RBs look good behind a solid O-line. Even average QBs can be very success behind them as well. Orton and Cassel are recent examples of that.
Originally posted by BigRon:
Originally posted by ObePwnD:

Good Question Obe. Until we have a NFL quality passing game we won't be able to replace him, just substitute guys like Coffee, Clayton, Robinson, etc.
Guys like Gore are rare. How long has it been between sustained greatness at the running back position prior to Gore. Hearst for a year and a half. Watters? Craig? and before Roger you have to go all the way back to the early 60's.

Don't forget Charlie Garner. He kept our running game crankin when the whole LP experiment went down. Charlie was a nice surprise
the fact that we drafted Coffee shows that the organization already see's that gore can't last a full season. I'm sure we'll draft another RB in the upcoming draft. Not high though.