There are 162 users in the forums

Vernon Clip on NFL.com

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Gelder:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Thanks for the clip. I also watched the Crabtree one also. It was pretty good.

I really have begun to like Davis, if not root for him to grow up a be a good man and football player under Sing. But, I'm pretty sure he will never be that good as he just isn't that elusive. I"ve never seen the guy break a tackle. IMO, you either have that skill or you dont, because it comes from the heart. I think you can even make a case that if D.Walker was given as many opportunities as Davis he might be the better TE.

Hater.

.....and what exactly am I hating on?

He will never be that good...isn't elusive... Never seen the guy break a tackle... Delanie Walker is better... I didn't post the "hater" comment, but I think its pretty obvious what he means..

It was a stupid one word post. From a know nothing fan. What I posted was called an observation, if you stopped listening to your ipod and read a book once in a while you might be able to make the distinction.

For the record, I didn't say Walker is better than Davis. I said a "case" can be made that Walker is the better player if given the same opportunities. Obviously there is no way to prove it one way or another as Walker will never ever get the opportunity. As far far as Walker quitting on routes, I've seen plenty of alligator arms from Davis. But like I said, I like both and am rooting for both, Davis more so.
Originally posted by 49wyztoscore:

I really have begun to like Davis, if not root for him to grow up a be a good man and football player under Sing. But, I'm pretty sure he will never be that good as he just isn't that elusive. I"ve never seen the guy break a tackle. IMO, you either have that skill or you dont, because it comes from the heart. I think you can even make a case that if D.Walker was given as many opportunities as Davis he might be the better TE.

Serious. It just takes 3-4 guys to tackle him thats it. Still needs to live up to the pick though.

Have strength and being elusive are compeltly diffrent skill sets, one gets you an extra 10 yards while the other gets the ball stripped (gang tackled).

Serious. It just takes 3-4 guys to tackle him thats it. Still needs to live up to the pick though.

Have strength and being elusive are compeltly diffrent skill sets, one gets you an extra 10 yards while the other gets the ball stripped (gang tackled).

Isnt AP elusive? Could have sworn defenders gang tackle and stripped him of the ball as well (think monday night game).
Originally posted by ads_2006:

Isnt AP elusive? Could have sworn defenders gang tackle and stripped him of the ball as well (think monday night game).

You couldn't possibly not know what I mean......or could you....
Share 49ersWebzone