There are 236 users in the forums

Vernon Clip on NFL.com

Shop Find 49ers gear online
http://www.nfl.com/videos/san-francisco-49ers/09000d5d8139eff3/Super-Bowl-Journey-Always-getting-better
Thanks for the clip. I also watched the Crabtree one also. It was pretty good.

I really have begun to like Davis, if not root for him to grow up a be a good man and football player under Sing. But, I'm pretty sure he will never be that good as he just isn't that elusive. I"ve never seen the guy break a tackle. IMO, you either have that skill or you dont, because it comes from the heart. I think you can even make a case that if D.Walker was given as many opportunities as Davis he might be the better TE.
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Oct 22, 2009 at 8:42 PM ]
They grow up so fast.
Whats crazy is that Vernon Davis is STILL getting BETTER!! The guy came in with RAW talent, just ran a few routes in college & never really used his hands. He is improving every year, and I really think this year he is focusing on CATCHING the ball and watching it in. Next year you should see him put it all together. Blocking, Catching, and YAC (breaking tackles)
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

I really have begun to like Davis, if not root for him to grow up a be a good man and football player under Sing. But, I'm pretty sure he will never be that good as he just isn't that elusive. I"ve never seen the guy break a tackle. IMO, you either have that skill or you dont, because it comes from the heart. I think you can even make a case that if D.Walker was given as many opportunities as Davis he might be the better TE.

Hater.
  • krizay
  • Veteran

Oh snap!

Quote:
Doc Holliday: [after killing Johnny Ringo] It would appear that the strain was more than he could bear.
Originally posted by 49ersnum1:
Whats crazy is that Vernon Davis is STILL getting BETTER!! The guy came in with RAW talent, just ran a few routes in college & never really used his hands. He is improving every year, and I really think this year he is focusing on CATCHING the ball and watching it in. Next year you should see him put it all together. Blocking, Catching, and YAC (breaking tackles)

Its always "Next year" with this guy. Just admit it. He has not played up to the hype.
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:

Its always "Next year" with this guy. Just admit it. He has not played up to the hype.

That's because the 49ers haven't been throwing the ball to him. They draft a TE #6 overall and they don't use him. Plain stupid. Now they're using him, and look at the results. I think you can say the same with Alex Smith. The 49ers ruined his career by never fixing the OL and continuously bringing in new OCs. At least with Vernon, it wasn't too late.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

Hater.

.....and what exactly am I hating on?
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

Hater.

.....and what exactly am I hating on?

He will never be that good...isn't elusive... Never seen the guy break a tackle... Delanie Walker is better... I didn't post the "hater" comment, but I think its pretty obvious what he means..

Originally posted by krizay:

Oh snap!

Quote:
Doc Holliday: [after killing Johnny Ringo] It would appear that the strain was more than he could bear.

I don't think so. He's getting more of an opportunity now that it's just him and Davis and what does he do, quits on a route that results in a interception. They're both good weapons though and I think they could both be our top receivers if we used them better.
Cool vid... i'm going to start curling just like that. So much upside for this guy.

Serious. It just takes 3-4 guys to tackle him thats it. Still needs to live up to the pick though.
Why turn the speed up to thirty? Shouldn't be on 5 or 10 so he's used to catching from hill
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:

Well, one thing's for sure; he's outplayed Michael Huff.

The other problem is that, if your offensive scheme consists mostly of running for 2 yards a couple of times and then punting, its tough for a lot of footballs to go around.
[ Edited by BrianGO on Oct 23, 2009 at 9:18 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone