There are 228 users in the forums

Shwantae Spencer is da best coverage coner we got

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Shwantae Spencer is da best coverage coner we got

I am not sure if it is because of the coverage that Spencer is producing but it seems as though QB's are going after Clements
Originally posted by backontop:
I am not sure if it is because of the coverage that Spencer is producing but it seems as though QB's are going after Clements

I agree. I don't recall Spencer f**king up once in all 5 games. He is quietly having his best season and quietly shutting everyone down.
Originally posted by jones49:
Originally posted by backontop:

I agree. I don't recall Spencer f**king up once in all 5 games. He is quietly having his best season and quietly shutting everyone down.

Nate sucks balls. End of story. Giving up TD's is costing us games because our Offense is horrid.
Shwantae's Coner???

Awesome!!!

72% of the voters have lost their friggin minds.

Look I like Spencer and always have.

But he's not our BEST coverage Corner. Solid all around Corner yes. Best not THE best.

EVERY Corner has a bad game from time to time. Especially when the rest of the Defense looks lost on the field.

Til Nate gets beat like a drum game in an game out he's STILL the best. Followed by Bly and then Spence. You may not agree, but Bly is still dangerous to the opposing Offense. Nate STILL can hold point and keep the Receivers to a minimum amount of yards and scores. And they both hit just as hard as Spence if not harder.

When the Defense is firing on all cylinders they own the secondary.

But our F'N Offense has GOT to start sustaining drives with some consistency. Period.

~Ceadder
[ Edited by Ceadderman on Oct 24, 2009 at 4:40 AM ]
Originally posted by showtime49:
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
i actually agree, spencer has had less balls thrown to him, which means he's shutting the other wr down. and didnt he guard and shut down fitzgerald in week 1 too? i like brown as well from what i saw from him last year vs the jets when clements was injured

That's a pretty big fallacy. Perhaps Clements gets more balls thrown to his side because he's covering the #1 receiver who is the first read on a majority of plays.

Except it is NOT a fallacy in this case, cause if you watch, Spencer is shutting his man down. Plus Clements does NOT cover the best WR on the offense EVERY play and those times when Spencer is on Fitz, or White, or TJ the ball still goes to Clements more often then it does Spencer. This year anyway.....
Originally posted by Ceadderman:

But he's not our BEST coverage Corner. Solid all around Corner yes. Best not THE best.

EVERY Corner has a bad game from time to time. Especially when the rest of the Defense looks lost on the field.

Til Nate gets beat like a drum game in an game out he's STILL the best. Followed by Bly and then Spence. You may not agree, but Bly is still dangerous to the opposing Offense. Nate STILL can hold point and keep the Receivers to a minimum amount of yards and scores. And they both hit just as hard as Spence if not harder.

But our F'N Offense has GOT to start sustaining drives with some consistency. Period.

~Ceadder

What makes him the best?? because he gets paid the most?? I'm basing my opinion off of his on the field performances and right now Spencer is out performing him(in coverage). I don't even understand how you can argue that....Clements has struggled in more than just one game.....hell last year he got his ass chewed in more than one game. I think He is the all around better CB but as far as pure coverage you gotta give props to Spencer.....I mean take the emotion out of it and just look at the games....
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
Originally posted by Schulzy:
Like the Haralson thread, this is just another instance of fans getting too worked up over one football game.

Clements is a good football player, Haralson is a good football player. The only player on our defense who I don't think is an adequate NFL defender is (gasp) Goldson (gasp).

And I know how much of a pet he is on here.

i was really rooting for goldson before the season started, and he was going to be one of my favorite players, but sad to say i think he just sucks

Thats okay bring on Berry!
Originally posted by Ninerbowl6:
Originally posted by Ceadderman:

~Ceadder

What makes him the best?? because he gets paid the most?? I'm basing my opinion off of his on the field performances and right now Spencer is out performing him(in coverage). I don't even understand how you can argue that....Clements has struggled in more than just one game.....hell last year he got his ass chewed in more than one game. I think He is the all around better CB but as far as pure coverage you gotta give props to Spencer.....I mean take the emotion out of it and just look at the games....

Yep I have to agree with him here Ceadder. Spencer has been our best cover man this season, and it isn't even close.

Spencer spends 2 years hurt and comes back to show the best coverage of his career. Go figure.......

Share 49ersWebzone