Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Shwantae Spencer is da best coverage coner we got

Shwantae Spencer is da best coverage coner we got

Originally posted by 49erWill:
Originally posted by King49er:
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
wow...this is becoming a trend in Niner talk, one bad game and that player is labeled awful.

Becoming a trend?

This has been going on in Niner Talk for years.

And you know this how?

busted
I remember Coach Sing and Manusky saying the DB's need to take more risks in getting turnovers and they knew that when you take risks like that there will be times when you'll get burned (Clements on Roddy White). So, there are going to be more times when our corners will look like they aren't playing up to par, also especially with officiating siding with the offense. But, I'd risk big plays for a more aggressive, ball-hawking, + turnover ratio style of play than the Big Nickel/Dime style.
Yes he is.
Originally posted by valrod33:
wow...this is becoming a trend in Niner talk, one bad game and that player is labeled awful.

Becoming a trend?

And you know this how?

busted

Becoming a trend?

And you know this how?

busted

You guys are correct. Niners have been a good team for so long, I wonder why fans get so ticked off when they lose games like they did against Atlanta. All these playoff years have made me so happy. 7 straight, now? Right?
I would say maybe, yeah he has been a terrific pure cover corner all year but Clements has been great (aside from the ATL game where everyone stunk it up) all-around corner. He has been near shutdown mode all season and he is terrific vs the run. I feel great with Clements and Spencer as our starting corners and with Bly and TB and as our backup corners.
Good thread...I was just watching playbook and thinking to myself that I hope we put Spencer on Johnson...Nate hasn't looked that impressive.
Originally posted by Method:

Becoming a trend?

And you know this how?

busted

You guys are correct. Niners have been a good team for so long, I wonder why fans get so ticked off when they lose games like they did against Atlanta. All these playoff years have made me so happy. 7 straight, now? Right?

You are missing the point here. They aren't talking football
Originally posted by eddy99_1999:
Originally posted by showtime49:
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
i actually agree, spencer has had less balls thrown to him, which means he's shutting the other wr down. and didnt he guard and shut down fitzgerald in week 1 too? i like brown as well from what i saw from him last year vs the jets when clements was injured

That's a pretty big fallacy. Perhaps Clements gets more balls thrown to his side because he's covering the #1 receiver who is the first read on a majority of plays.

I don't understand the theory that he is always covering the #1 receiver , that's his job we pay him $80 mill to lock them down ( example cromarti, Bailey, Revis those are are true shut down corners .

And as for Goldson he is doing decent job for now we need to let him develop , he is good at covering

Clements is not the best corner on the team sorry!!! Clements do not cover number 1 receivers the whole game. Spencer and clements have taking turns covering other teams #1 receivers. People say clements is the all around corner, butSpencer does everything Clements do.
So far, Spencer has been our Nnamdi Asomugha.
  • Mex49

7 years of sucking man tube will do that to people.

Becoming a trend?

This forum swings like a rusty gate in the wind. Must be ADD, because a lot of people here seem to only remember the last good or bad play a player makes.

i haven't seen spencer make 1 mistake this season and he's also facing elite talent. theres no doubt that he's the best cover corner we got. nate is an overall better corner back because he's a great tackler, decent in coverage, and has great vision
If this is reffering to the Falcons blowout then this is ridiculous because the entire defense broke down, not 1 guy.
Naming Spencer as a starter at the beginning of the season was a pretty big surprise to me, but he has lived up to the promotion. He's never been great for interceptions, but he is a very good cover corner.