Shop Find 49ers gear online

Brooks Bollinger vs Shaun Hill: WHO?

Originally posted by Squirrel:
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
Originally posted by Thrash88:
They should compete to see who can throw a Spiral...uh oh Hill loses

Nice, so now not only does Hill have the arm strength of a 2nd grader, the mental awareness of a snail? Now he can't even throw a spiral in the NFL...I'm glad we have great football minds on this board like you.

Josh Morgan said Hill's pass came down like a punt. How can a ball with a tight spiral come down like a punt?

Hill has been fluttering passes all season long. But, you're clearly too enamored with his playmaking abilities to see that.

Yes
all his passes so far have come down like a punt, EVERY single pass he has throw, he hasn't thrown one "pretty" pass the whole year.

Why, I've never seen Peyton or Brady throw non-spiral passes during a game...

And really Josh Morgan? The same guy that complains about his legs being tired when he has a bad game? Now complains about how the ball came down? There's a reason why he's losing his job to a rookie and Hill is not Morgan want's to be an elite WR, he needs to play like one, I doubt Brandon Marshal would've dropped Orton's "punts" like that, and then used it as an excuse

Oh, that's right. I forgot. Hill is the Second Coming of Joe Montana. Pardon me for not recognizing that.

Defend him all you want. You say he's great, then you hang on to that dream, buddy. Personally, I think he's nothing more than a backup in sheep's clothing, or something like that.

Who the f**k has ever said that on this board, who has ever said that Hill is the second coming of any great QB???

I know what we have in Hill, and it's better than your second coming of Montana (A Smith).

Nice, so now not only does Hill have the arm strength of a 2nd grader, the mental awareness of a snail? Now he can't even throw a spiral in the NFL...I'm glad we have great football minds on this board like you.

Josh Morgan said Hill's pass came down like a punt. How can a ball with a tight spiral come down like a punt?

Hill has been fluttering passes all season long. But, you're clearly too enamored with his playmaking abilities to see that.

Yes
all his passes so far have come down like a punt, EVERY single pass he has throw, he hasn't thrown one "pretty" pass the whole year.

And really Josh Morgan? The same guy that complains about his legs being tired when he has a bad game? Now complains about how the ball came down? There's a reason why he's losing his job to a rookie and Hill is not Morgan want's to be an elite WR, he needs to play like one, I doubt Brandon Marshal would've dropped Orton's "punts" like that, and then used it as an excuse

Oh, that's right. I forgot. Hill is the Second Coming of Joe Montana. Pardon me for not recognizing that.

Defend him all you want. You say he's great, then you hang on to that dream, buddy. Personally, I think he's nothing more than a backup in sheep's clothing, or something like that.

Who the f**k has ever said that on this board, who has ever said that Hill is the second coming of any great QB???

I know what we have in Hill, and it's better than your second coming of Montana (A Smith).

Why are you assuming I like Alex Smith? Fact is: I don't. I've said it repeatedly.

So, anyway, go back to lovin' your boy Hill. I'm sure he'll get us to the Super Bowl with those 180-yard games.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
i don't recall hill throwing one tight spiral, ever. Not that it matters in the grand scheme of things but you would think an NFL Caliber QB could would be able to do that without even trying to.

Brock Berlin?
Oh, look! Hill's only tight spiral thrown this season. Way to go, buddy! You keep reachin' for that pot of gold.

Yes

Why are you assuming I like Alex Smith? Fact is: I don't. I've said it repeatedly.

So, anyway, go back to lovin' your boy Hill. I'm sure he'll get us to the Super Bowl with those 180-yard games.

People on this board in general.

It's funny, because guys like Grossman, Dilfer, Brad Johnson, have.

We have Frank Gore, VD, Crabtree, Pats have Brady, Moss, Welker, Colts have Peyton, Wayne. Point is that you can only have so many high payed players on offense + afford a good defense.

I don't love Hill....

He's been our best QB since Garcia, he won the job, or Alex lost the job (whichever way you want to say it) and he is our starting QB. I don't think either QB is going to be great, or even a pro bowler. So until Hill is our QB and not losing us games, I will continue to support him, or until the Coach starts calling him out (like he has with Baas, Rachal, Coffee, VD, Morgan, Rossum...) I will continue to support him.

I really wish I would see threads with 30+ pages about how the oline is letting us down, or our receivers not getting open or dropping balls. They are the people that the coaches have called out, the zone has called out Hill, because they obviously know more than the coaches that are there every day.
Oh, look! Hill's only tight spiral thrown this season. Way to go, buddy! You keep reachin' for that pot of gold.

Now you're just being an idiot, the poster above said that he hasn't thrown one spiral this year...and he was being serious.

And sad part is that you're being serious as well, and think that was his only one.

Yes

We have Frank Gore, VD, Crabtree, Pats have Brady, Moss, Welker, Colts have Peyton, Wayne. Point is that you can only have so many high payed players on offense + afford a good defense.

I don't love Hill....

He's been our best QB since Garcia, he won the job, or Alex lost the job (whichever way you want to say it) and he is our starting QB. I don't think either QB is going to be great, or even a pro bowler. So until Hill is our QB and not losing us games, I will continue to support him, or until the Coach starts calling him out (like he has with Baas, Rachal, Coffee, VD, Morgan, Rossum...) I will continue to support him.

I really wish I would see threads with 30+ pages about how the oline is letting us down, or our receivers not getting open or dropping balls. They are the people that the coaches have called out, the zone has called out Hill, because they obviously know more than the coaches that are there every day.

People don't call out the o-line because everyone in the free world knows that our line sucks. There's just not much to discuss about it. Plus, the quarterback spot is a much higher profile job than, say, the left guard. That's why people have more stake in it.

Yes

I don't love Hill....

People don't call out the o-line because everyone in the free world knows that our line sucks. There's just not much to discuss about it. Plus, the quarterback spot is a much higher profile job than, say, the left guard. That's why people have more stake in it.

Well, when give a s**t load of money to Hill, and tell him "Hey, you are our Franchise QB, go out there and put up points on the scoreboard." Then, and only then, would that make any sense.

He is not supposed to be Peyton Manning of this offense, go search for yourself all the quotes of Sing/Raye saying how they don't want Shaun to "win" the game, they have other players that should compliment that, he wants the OLINE and our running game to be the focal point of the offense.

Remember, we payed Alex that kind of money to come in here and take over the NFL...
What about Steve Stenstrom?

I will reiterate, he is supposed to be our game manager, during the offseason, it was smash mouth this, smash mouth that, we are gonna have one of the best olines in the NFL, we are gonna run the ball, and run it some more...remember?

I'm sure it wasn't the same speech in Saints camp, or Patriots camp.

Huge difference on how you build the team, as a coach you have get players to buy in to what you are teaching, no? In a way you have to "brainwash" a player.

Hill knows his job, understands how important it is not to turn the ball over, plays through himself during the game, but he has also shown a couple of times (in his short starting career) that he can lead a team down the field late in a game for a scoring drive, maybe if allowed he could also do it in the 1st QTR...who knows, it hasn't been tested yet.

Lock this thread now.
[ Edited by TheG0RE49er on Oct 23, 2009 at 10:57 AM ]
  • Paul
  • Veteran
Bollinger will probably be a 3rd QB again in the NFL next year... but if we are talking cutting Hill now and bringing in someone... U have to sign Tommy Maddox, he still has an arm, leadership, and everything that we have lacked at QB since Garcia's release. I'm all for it
I say bring Steve Young back, I bet he could still light it up with his arm....

Probly get another concussion though with our TERRIFIC OLINE....
[ Edited by 49ersMan420 on Oct 23, 2009 at 11:39 AM ]
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
i don't recall hill throwing one tight spiral, ever. Not that it matters in the grand scheme of things but you would think an NFL Caliber QB could would be able to do that without even trying to.

that Sir, was no tight spiral.
Wisconsin guy, so he's ok in my book, but no thanks.
Share 49ersWebzone