LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 389 users in the forums

49ers hyping Crabtree, to be used as decoy?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Crabtree is a total wildcard at this point. It is very dangerious for defenses because you dont know what to expect, you can get a general grasp from college game tape but you cant really do to much off of that for NFL games. In ether case this is a win win... He is a decoy and frank runs wild or he's not a decoy and insted is the real deal and we catch them with there pants down and torch them through the air.
  • Pogity
  • Info N/A
I think Houston will stack 9 guys in the box and ignore our WRs, just like everyone else has done.
Singletary hyping Crabtree ??? Singletary using Crabtree as a decoy ??? Sorry I just can't quite picture that. Singletary and players like Gore and others are excited for a reason and at this point I can hardly wait to see this kids coming out party.
Originally posted by Adman:
You think other teams are going to decide whether they game plan for Crabtree or not is based on what the 49ers are saying about him?! That's rediculous. The 49ers are saying how they feel about Crabtree so far. The media asks the questions...and the team answers them by what they see and how they feel.

The texans aren't going to gameplan around words. When the team watches film on its opponents do you think they watch press conferences, and who ever gets talked up...they are going to game plan for?!?!

NOT LIKELY.

In Crabtree's case they have no film too watch, they have to go based off words until he actual plays in the NFL and see what he can do! so yeah to your question!
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DaFaro49ers:
Originally posted by Adman:
You think other teams are going to decide whether they game plan for Crabtree or not is based on what the 49ers are saying about him?! That's rediculous. The 49ers are saying how they feel about Crabtree so far. The media asks the questions...and the team answers them by what they see and how they feel.

The texans aren't going to gameplan around words. When the team watches film on its opponents do you think they watch press conferences, and who ever gets talked up...they are going to game plan for?!?!

NOT LIKELY.

In Crabtree's case they have no film too watch, they have to go based off words until he actual plays in the NFL and see what he can do! so yeah to your question!

In that case, everyone email Houston and tell them how slow Crabtree is.

Seriously though, don't be so naive. Houston doesn't care what the 49ers are saying right now. They already know who Michael Crabtree is. They know what his game is. They know what kind of player he can be. There's film of him in college destroying defender after defender. But they won't change the way they play until they see with their own eyes Michael Crabtree producing. The 49ers can say all they want, it won't matter. Otherwise, before playoff games the Colts could just say, "Oh, well Peyton Manning isn't looking that good in practice this week. I don't know. I think he's in a slump that might last his whole career. You guys better just focus on Addai because Peyton isn't going to do anything. Be sure to put 8 men in the box because we won't do anything but run." Then you think the other team is going to listen? Why not? 'Cuz they don't care.

Share 49ersWebzone