LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 234 users in the forums

49ers hyping Crabtree, to be used as decoy?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
hmmm, how bout he's one of the best college WR's to come out in a long time and is BY FAR the best WR we have on our roster?
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
No.

-9fA
Just the fact he's playing is just one of many thing Houston needs to consider. He WILL be a decoy, he WILL get thrown to, He MAY even run the ball at some time. Or MAYBE NOT, it's part of the game. Houston MUST prepare or we'll burn them somewhere.

Anyway, I can't wait til Sunday.

GO NINERS !!
Maybe they are just that excited about what they see in practice?
Welcome to the party..

i already suggested this when his starting possibility was announced..

see my post towards the end of this page..

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=131812&page=5&highlight=MaliCali
very possible. i can't remember the last time a rookies been this hyped up before.
Yeah I agree, I said this at first when they named him starter. He may start, but he may only play 15-20 snaps but it throws the Texans defensive gameplan for a loop and they have to prepare for Crabtree even though he may only play in 20-30percent of the offensive snaps.
Decoy? If Crabs is playing, they better throw him the ball!!

If we want a decoy, we should replace Pashos, Rachal and Bruce with these players...
Originally posted by 84SheepDog:

If we want a decoy, we should replace Pashos, Rachal and Bruce with these players...

r.i.p lingerie bowl
... besides, I believe in Crabtree and what they're saying about him. He probably already looks better that our other wideouts. The way he comes back for the ball, snatches it out of the air... good things, good things!

Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

r.i.p lingerie bowl

it's over??? i was looking forward to seeing them in San Diego! Dayum!!
Ohh Noes!!! I just dropped Morgan from my fantasy team!
  • B650
  • Veteran
Yes, because we have so much talent around us that we can afford to use Crabtree primarily as a decoy. That way, guys like Moran Norris and Michael Spurlock could have career games. I'm also predicting big things out of Joe Staley. I'm going to say 3 pancakes, 2 receptions for 17 yards, and 2 TDs.

So yeah, no. Crabtree is going to play and we're going try to get him the ball because he's probably our best WR. Besides, Houston isn't going to do anything different just because Crabtree is playing. They will wait to see if he does anything special on the field first.

What's next: drafting Sam Bradford to make him a decoy?
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

r.i.p lingerie bowl

it's over??? i was looking forward to seeing them in San Diego! Dayum!!

It's still going on. It's the Lingerie Football League or LFL. Here's a link: http://www.lflus.com/

That being said, I've never seen a game, so I wonder if they have uniform failures. If they do, I would be more likely to try to catch a game.
It would be foolish to concentrate on a rookie who is going to see his first NFL action this Sunday. They will stick to stopping Gore and make us beat them with the pass.
Share 49ersWebzone