There are 233 users in the forums

How long before we start pushing

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by baltien:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by dald1:
Originally posted by mryan1004:
i believe theres options out there, holmgren, shannahan, gruden, etc. we'll see how we finish the season, if our offense doesnt get better i strongly believe Singletary will make a move for OC

no1 from that list will settle for OC at this point in their careers.

Certainly not. However if Norv Turner finally gets canned in SD at the end of the season we should go after him.

And I'm one of the main ones here yelling about "stability, consistency, etc, etc" but yea...should Norv get fired, the first thing he should see when he steps outside of Qualcomm Stadium is Mike Singletary.

exactly. NORV COME BACK TO THE BAY!!!! he shouldnt have left anyways since hes such a lousy hc
How long before "we" start pushing, or when you think the team will want to make a change?

Since we don't make the decisions, I'll guess that Singletary will keep Raye around for at least 3 years, even if the offense does not improve. I think he believes the offensive problems are due to lack of continuity year to year more than anything Raye might be doing wrong.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by baltien:
i believe theres options out there, holmgren, shannahan, gruden, etc. we'll see how we finish the season, if our offense doesnt get better i strongly believe Singletary will make a move for OC

Certainly not. However if Norv Turner finally gets canned in SD at the end of the season we should go after him.

And I'm one of the main ones here yelling about "stability, consistency, etc, etc" but yea...should Norv get fired, the first thing he should see when he steps outside of Qualcomm Stadium is Mike Singletary.

exactly. NORV COME BACK TO THE BAY!!!! he shouldnt have left anyways since hes such a lousy hc

When you think about it, what's Norv really ever done without Larry Allen?

OC at Dallas--Norv looked pretty brilliant running and passing his guys behind. . . . Larry Allen.

Then he goes to Oakland as HC and stinks it up.

Then he comes to the Niners and looks pretty good as OC running Frank Gore behind . . . Larry Allen.

Then he leaves the Niners in the lurch and goes to SD, where he's stunk it up.

Frankly, I'd rather see the team concentrate on finding, drafting and signing the next Larry Allen and let Norv twist in the wind--which is what he did to the Niners.
Originally posted by djfullshred:
How long before "we" start pushing, or when you think the team will want to make a change?

Since we don't make the decisions, I'll guess that Singletary will keep Raye around for at least 3 years, even if the offense does not improve. I think he believes the offensive problems are due to lack of continuity year to year more than anything Raye might be doing wrong.

continuity is definitely key, but if we arent producing solid offense within 3 years i think singletary is gonna be more worried about his job than raye's
i dont know if its MS or JR but we need someone to pick plays that are agressive. We wont get where we need to be being vanilla.
i'm hoping that maybe raye feels we have a gamebreaker in crabtree and opens things up.....
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
Can this team really afford to go through ANOTHER OC?

How about a little consistency for once...

If we want consitently unimaginative and completely predicatble play calling, then sure........
Hiring Raye sounded wrong to me from the get-go, but I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. From what I've seen so far, I have no doubt that he's not the man for the job. I know hiring another OC is not a good idea, but keeping Raye is an even worse idea in my mind. I usually believe that you shouldn't make coaching changes in midseason, but he's got to get something going or he needs to get going.
I want to see a new QB in there before blaming Jimmy Raye. Hill looks like the problem when he can't throw down field and always goes to the check down guy. Hill is not smart enough to make decision on the field.
Originally posted by fzrdave:
Hiring Raye sounded wrong to me from the get-go, but I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. From what I've seen so far, I have no doubt that he's not the man for the job. I know hiring another OC is not a good idea, but keeping Raye is an even worse idea in my mind. I usually believe that you shouldn't make coaching changes in midseason, but he's got to get something going or he needs to get going.

nicely said!

Norv and A.Smith reunion in 10'
Not yet
  • Luca
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Norv and A.Smith reunion in 10'

I hope so!!!!!

Yep Bring Back Norv.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame

you named 3 superbowl winning coaches as possible OC's?

Yeah ok.
Share 49ersWebzone