LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 224 users in the forums

How long before we start pushing

Shop Find 49ers gear online
for a new OC.? 1 of 3 issues we have at hand. bad qb, bad o-line, bad OC, or all three. When our defense can keep the opponents in check, we appear fine with our overall "conservative" approach. The falcons game slipped away from us because their offensive production left ours in a situation where the had to play catch-up rather than keep-up. Hence the reason Shaun Hill hasn't thrown for more than 200 yards in a single game. He cant, or its just not in the program....what do you guys think?
I have been since the first lost in Minn.....so damn predictable...
5 games ago.
Originally posted by Juniorminime:
I have been since the first lost in Minn.....so damn predictable...

its ashame because Singletary is always heard saying " what we're trying to do" "we're building something special" and to be quite honest, i dont think Jimmy Raye can deliver and defend his HC's provisions.
[ Edited by mryan1004 on Oct 22, 2009 at 12:11 PM ]
already should be something that needs to be addressed, but obviously you don't change during the season because well look at the redskins lol. WE DONT HAVE THE HORSES TO BE A POWER RUNNING TEAM. gore is a beast when he on the field but he is always hurt, and we have no legyt backup . If the niners wanna be a power running team they need to address the 2 guard positions and RT position aswell as a legyt backup rb. thats like 4 players u gotta pickup right there.
Can this team really afford to go through ANOTHER OC?

How about a little consistency for once...
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
already should be something that needs to be addressed, but obviously you don't change during the season because well look at the redskins lol. WE DONT HAVE THE HORSES TO BE A POWER RUNNING TEAM. gore is a beast when he on the field but he is always hurt, and we have no legyt backup . If the niners wanna be a power running team they need to address the 2 guard positions and RT position aswell as a legyt backup rb. thats like 4 players u gotta pickup right there.

• dald1
  • Veteran
Sing is def. not going to do so. he and raye have the same philosophy too bad we don't have the personnel to actually execute it. I would like some continuity on offense but so far rayes play calling is buttcheeks
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:

It's not so much the coordinator as it is his system. Say Rathman takes over as OC and keeps Raye's system intact. It's a coordinator change, but the players won't have to learn a complete system.
i believe theres options out there, holmgren, shannahan, gruden, etc. we'll see how we finish the season, if our offense doesnt get better i strongly believe Singletary will make a move for OC

Originally posted by Squirrel:
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:

It's not so much the coordinator as it is his system. Say Rathman takes over as OC and keeps Raye's system intact. It's a coordinator change, but the players won't have to learn a complete system.

It just sucks because look at how many OCs we have been through in the past decade....
  • dald1
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mryan1004:
i believe theres options out there, holmgren, shannahan, gruden, etc. we'll see how we finish the season, if our offense doesnt get better i strongly believe Singletary will make a move for OC

no1 from that list will settle for OC at this point in their careers.
  • Adman
  • Veteran
I could see maybe Holmgren not wanting the stress of another head coaching position. It was said he wants to come back as a GM or front office type.

Maybe he wouldn't mind taking an OC position with his true love...the 49ers.
Originally posted by dald1:

Certainly not. However if Norv Turner finally gets canned in SD at the end of the season we should go after him.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by dald1:

Certainly not. However if Norv Turner finally gets canned in SD at the end of the season we should go after him.

And I'm one of the main ones here yelling about "stability, consistency, etc, etc" but yea...should Norv get fired, the first thing he should see when he steps outside of Qualcomm Stadium is Mike Singletary.
Share 49ersWebzone