There are 166 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Do we give scheme away with rachal/synder swap

It's pretty well known that Chilo's main weakness is in pass blocking and synder isn't the best run blocker. Are we planning to swap them in and out for their strength's? If we do we might as well just tell the defense where the WR's are gonna run the routhes or what hole Gore is supposed to hit too.
Originally posted by K-Rise:
It's pretty well known that Chilo's main weakness is in pass blocking and synder isn't the best run blocker. Are we planning to swap them in and out for their strength's? If we do we might as well just tell the defense where the WR's are gonna run the routhes or what hole Gore is supposed to hit too.

I think we will. Our coaches always do something to give away our play calls. lol
It's not hard to give away run run pass or run run run
I was going to say something similar to this. If the niners change anything about their offense they would by default be more diversified. I would post that rachal was benched because of crabtree but not too many posters here would realize that I was joking.
lol, I would say Chilo's weakness is also run blocking too.

I think they both equally suck at pass. lol so yes i think we gave away that we still plan to run 3 times and punt on 4th.
At this point. why does it matter? It's not like we've been surprising the opposition lately anyway. They have enough film on us by now to pretty much know what we are going to do and what we are NEVER going to do.

Free Alex or Nate.

Fixed Asian esque engrish.
[ Edited by TDilvr on Oct 21, 2009 at 10:58 PM ]
Yes, we mailed the playbook to the Houston Coaches. It's not like they didn't know that we run on 1st and 2nd down, and if less than 5 yards on 3rd, we run again.

How difficult is that to scheme against.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
What scheme are we giving away? Any DC can watch one quarter of our offense and know what we'll be running. Scheme? Run blitz up the middle, works on either of our running plays, blitz on 3rd down to stop our passing play, send the PR return unit out, repeat. There, I just installed this weeks defensive game plan for Houston.
We rarely pass from a run formation or run from a pass formation. I think our personnel groupings have given away our playcalling most of the year. I don't think swapping snyder for rachal will change that.

No I believe it will be just like the RT rotation was with Snyder/Pashos. They will alternate offensive series maybe swap out occassionally during a single possession if it's a long drive.
Teams already know our scheme and what we are doing
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Lol. I could game plan against our O. We don't have enough offense to be able to give anything away.
  • Mex49
you mean we arent surprising people?
I love the way people think that they are more knowledgeable about the game than professional coaches.

FYI, even Jim Hostler knows more about the game than any of us. Whether you believe it or not, it's true. If it wasn't, you'd be getting paid to do it.