There are 122 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Are you disappointed the Niners made no moves before the trade deadline

Are you disappointed the Niners made no moves before the trade deadline

No. This is supposed to be a strong draft. I would like to see the Niners hold onto to those picks for now.
Originally posted by B650:
Originally posted by danimal:
this thread is trippy....most of the responses are answering "How come the NFL does not have trades like the MLB or NBA?

But that wasn't the question. Yes, we all know the NFL does not have a lot of trades, especially in the few weeks before the deadline. But yet, NFL teams still do execute trades in this period.....SEE Jets and Browns. The question was....Are you disappointed the Niners were not one of the few teams trading???

To me the answer is an obvious yes. You are either a team on the rise looking for instant starter upgrade...or a team with an eye on the future and rebuilding. So once again, the Niners not being in a trade situation in October, tells me this team STILL is neither a team rising nor rebuilding. Just stuck on a stupid 7 to 9 win goal and hope to sneak in on through a pathetic division.

Really, is that what you gathered out of it? Because that means there are about 30 other NFL teams who are in the same boat as us, who don't want to win in the future.

It could just be that there wasn't a deal out there worth making.

It could be that we don't have a GM with the balls to make a deal.
Supposedly, the Browns want to deal Josh Cribbs...that would be good.
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
this thread is trippy....most of the responses are answering "How come the NFL does not have trades like the MLB or NBA?

But that wasn't the question. Yes, we all know the NFL does not have a lot of trades, especially in the few weeks before the deadline. But yet, NFL teams still do execute trades in this period.....SEE Jets and Browns. The question was....Are you disappointed the Niners were not one of the few teams trading???

To me the answer is an obvious yes. You are either a team on the rise looking for instant starter upgrade...or a team with an eye on the future and rebuilding. So once again, the Niners not being in a trade situation in October, tells me this team STILL is neither a team rising nor rebuilding. Just stuck on a stupid 7 to 9 win goal and hope to sneak in on through a pathetic division.

Really, is that what you gathered out of it? Because that means there are about 30 other NFL teams who are in the same boat as us, who don't want to win in the future.

It could be that we don't have a GM with the balls to make a deal.

Same with 30 other GMs then.
It depends. We don't know who was avaliable. If the guys on the block were a bunch of stiffies, then No. If there was a player of value, especially on the OL, then the team may have missed an opportunity to get a value player from a team that is unloading.

Who were you expecting to trade for that will make them instantly better, and what do you think the 49ers could have legitimately offered to get that deal done without compromising their plan to get better? Both teams on a trade will only do it if they think it helps their team.
This isn't baseball...
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
In a way I am, only because I want to see McCloughan take a chance for once. But on the other hand, this draft is going to be one of the best we've had since Patrick Willis and Joe Staley. Lets not forget that most of the players up for trade will be headed to free agency in March.
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by queretano:
No, last minute deals always are overpayed, teams must be buils through the draft and when ready kick the fa to fullfill the team, trade at this point send you nowhere unless you have a huge hole by injured player in critical position and you're a superbowl legit contender

Have you seen our drafts recently? Don't kid yourself. We were built through free agency. Although I guess that's not saying much.

That's the difference between teams in the NFL; Redkins are the best FA example being Pitt the best built by draft example, and Pats and Giants built by draft filling last need throught FA

We're not superbowl contenders and hardly playoffs contender till the day our draft picks become the strenght the team, we're 3 or 4 players in O and a couple in D away from being real playoff contenders a WR, an OT and/or a OG, a QB and an OLB who can rush and a Safety IMO

sorry, you are right. I should have been more specific. I am more disappointed because for yet another season of being in the same boat.....not just this one trading period. Its a pattern with the post Eddie D regime....no balls and a franchise on the slow boat to nowhere. So yeah, since we are a pathetic franchise now with a tradition of losing...f**k it, why not take the fast boat to failure for a change?
[ Edited by danimal on Oct 20, 2009 at 2:58 PM ]
No I am not disappointed at all. IMO, signing Crabtree and getting him ready to play is a pretty big move in itself.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Yeah, getting Gore back and adding Crabtree to the roster are our moves that should really help.
[ Edited by mayo63 on Oct 20, 2009 at 3:41 PM ]
Originally posted by Schulzy:
This isn't baseball...

We could have used Brady Quinn for Alex Smith.
Originally posted by MSteitz468:
Originally posted by Schulzy:
This isn't baseball...

We could have used Brady Quinn for Alex Smith.

And the net would have been zero. The only person I know who pines for Brady Quinn is AJ Hawks sister. Why would you really want nothing for nothing.
Those people who were hoping/expecting a trade are too used to baseball or they play Madden too much. In that case, I'll trade Hill for a 2nd rounder and Jones and Morgan for a 1st. :)