There are 142 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Defending NFC champs Cardinals threatening 49ers chances at NFC West title

We all thought this was in the bag when we swept our division in the first quarter of the season...not so fast busters...the Cardinals are 3-2 after thoroughly dominating the Seahawks in Seattle.

It's going to be a dogfight. Even if we should beat Arizona at home we're still going to have to win at least 10 games to take the division I would say. Looking at Zona's schedule--they're ripe for a 10/11 win season.

Of course one game at a time but we definitely need to win this Sunday---and if we don't the team's going to have to go through a transformation unheard of to hang with the Colts the following week.
[ Edited by fortyninerglory on Oct 20, 2009 at 9:00 AM ]
SB champs? not so fast buster....NFC champs u mean
[ Edited by ninerfreak on Oct 20, 2009 at 9:00 AM ]
doh :)
  • AmpLee
  • Hall of Fame
When did the Cards win a SB?
yeah i looked at our schedule and we need at least 10 wins to get into the playoffs as division champs
Who you callin Buster?

So then my question to you fellas is this, Honestly without specifics, with our team as a whole. Do you guys think, since things are going as they are with us, and our division, that we can still have a shot at winning the west.
Would love to see us win the division, but I don't think we have the horses on offense. I watched the Saint's offense dominate the Giants #1 defense. We aren't even close to executing a balanced offense of that caliber. Unfortunately, the Cardinals are much closer than we.

And to prove the point, the Falcons use a power running offense with 2 backs and 2 TEs, with an occasional vertical pass. That is the roughly the kind of offense Singletary wants us to have. They overwhelmed our D, and our offense couldn't keep up with them.

If 8 and 8 wins the division, than we have a chance. If it takes 10 wins, maybe next year, (depending on who we draft and how Nate Davis develops.)
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
This is assuming Warner stays heelthy all season. I'm still skeptical, all it takes is one hit on his 38 year old body.
the tune will change when we dominate the Texans and the Cards get dominated by the Giants
Who is we? What idiots thought we made the playoffs already after 4 games?
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
We all thought this was in the bag when we swept our division in the first quarter of the season...not so fast busters...the Cardinals are 3-2 after thoroughly dominating the Seahawks in Seattle.

It's going to be a dogfight. Even if we should beat Arizona at home we're still going to have to win at least 10 games to take the division I would say. Looking at Zona's schedule--they're ripe for a 10/11 win season.

Of course one game at a time but we definitely need to win this Sunday---and if we don't the team's going to have to go through a transformation unheard of to hang with the Colts the following week.

I don't think the Cards are ripe for a 10 win season, Seattle is not an offensive powerhouse and their defense is weakened. They've only beaten Jacksonville, Seattle, and the Texans (barely). Also, they have the same exact schedule as us, so unless you think they are somewhat better than us, we should get a better record.
[ Edited by MSteitz468 on Oct 20, 2009 at 9:34 AM ]
as long as the niners keep playin solid football i ain't worried. we're up on them when it come to head to head & they're not not beating us at home. there's nothing to worry about unless the niners continue to play like they did against the atl(which was the only inconsistent game). if they play like they did in all the games b4 that(which they played with consistency) with the addition of GORE & CRABS, then there is nothing to sweat over. calm down & lets see how this stretch of games go before you haters & fans who are panicking come typing what your mouths are running. the niners have only proved you rite once & lets hope it stays like that too. HAVE SOME FAITH!!!!
I think the Giants should be able to beat them on Sunday, which means we absolutely have to beat the Texans
  • vrock49151
  • Info N/A
Dont get it when did the cards become a great team what makes anyone think they will make the playoffs a long as we take it one game at at time we can take the division we are 3-2 if it was'ent for Farve we would be 4-1 yet people are calling for Smith KRAZY!!