There are 180 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

"Just Watch, Just Be There"

Those are Singletary's words. It only begs the question, watch what? I'm sitting here waiting on next Sunday. I've been watching since the start of the season. I've BEEN there, 1 game was a Shut Out (Rams) and the other was a blowout (Falcons). I felt like I watched two different teams.

So when Singletary told us to "Just Watch", do you think he knew what he was telling us to watch for? Was it just a gimmick to sell more tickets? I mean I am still very excited about this team. Every team has an off weak. Hell the Eagles, one of the Elite teams in the league, lost to the Raiders. Anything can happen.

What does it mean to you when he says "Just Watch"? To me it seemed like he knew something that we didn't. Maybe that's what he was trying to make it seem like, but in reality was just leading with blind and unwavering faith. I have no doubt in my mind that that's what he is doing. Thing is, does "Blind Faith" win in the NFL? It gets to the point where you can squeeze every last drip of sweat blood and tears out of your players. They can leave everything out there on the field, and in the end just not have the talent of the elite teams in the league.

When does the Blind Faith begin to see the reality of our setbacks, O-line? Offense not living up to expectations etc? Singletarys a smart dude and I know he's probably a bit concerned at the production of the Offense, but still continues to want us to "Just Watch".

That's what I will do after the bye weak and for the rest of the season. I truly hope they give us something to be proud that we were there from the start of....
[ Edited by zozell on Oct 19, 2009 at 11:59 AM ]
Homie it's hard to decipher coaches talk, and you should never take it inot account as if it's fact. No way to really tell unless we are in the locker room to hear what he's saying to the players.
No, not watch the 49ers.

He meant "watch" like him...

Why don't you just watch and find out.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Why don't you just watch and find out.

I'll be watching!
Watchalo!!
I think it is coach speak more than anything.

Singletary is great to get us all hyped up, and it is working, but the only problem is he opens himself up to harsch criticism if it all falls apart. In the same way that most of us loved Nolan at first for his tough rules and very high expectations (win the west!) as soon as we saw it was not happening it was very easy to turn on him. If Singletary keeps saying stuff like that and they lose by 35 again he will sound stupid.

That being said, I have drunk the Kool-aid, and I do believe in him 100% at this point. If the O line blows and we can't move the ball, and Shaun Hill keeps throwing helicopter balls and the D gives up 90 yard bombs that will change in a hurry.
He means "just watch"..With Gore returning&the WR/RT shake up,it can only mean Alex Smith will get the pre-game start. IT'S SO OBVIOUS
Originally posted by zozell:
Those are Singletary's words. It only begs the question, watch what? I'm sitting here waiting on next Sunday. I've been watching since the start of the season. I've BEEN there, 1 game was a Shut Out (Rams) and the other was a blowout (Falcons). I felt like I watched two different teams.

So when Singletary told us to "Just Watch", do you think he knew what he was telling us to watch for? Was it just a gimmick to sell more tickets? I mean I am still very excited about this team. Every team has an off weak. Hell the Eagles, one of the Elite teams in the league, lost to the Raiders. Anything can happen.

What does it mean to you when he says "Just Watch"? To me it seemed like he knew something that we didn't. Maybe that's what he was trying to make it seem like, but in reality was just leading with blind and unwavering faith. I have no doubt in my mind that that's what he is doing. Thing is, does "Blind Faith" win in the NFL? It gets to the point where you can squeeze every last drip of sweat blood and tears out of your players. They can leave everything out there on the field, and in the end just not have the talent of the elite teams in the league.

When does the Blind Faith begin to see the reality of our setbacks, O-line? Offense not living up to expectations etc? Singletarys a smart dude and I know he's probably a bit concerned at the production of the Offense, but still continues to want us to "Just Watch".

That's what I will do after the bye weak and for the rest of the season. I truly hope they give us something to be proud that we were there from the start of....

Are you serious? what don't you get?

We still have the same players from last year!

This is not a one and done season..It's a begining of an ERA
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by zozell:

Are you serious? what don't you get?

We still have the same players from last year!

This is not a one and done season..It's a begining of an ERA

huh??
I really just think that Singletary means: I don't have to say anything about the team, JUST WATCH, and see for yourselves. He's a guy of action. If there's anything to be told, he wants it to be through the play of the players, not by what he preaches.
  • B650
  • Veteran
I think we're going to open it up a bit and be aggressive. He seems confident.