LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 249 users in the forums

Jeff Ulbrich to IR

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by MadMartz:
Any mention of who was taking his roster spot?

Ex charger ILB Matt Wilhelm
Originally posted by DesiDez:
Originally posted by MadMartz:
Any mention of who was taking his roster spot?

Ex charger ILB Matt Wilhelm

Thanks, another special teamer and backup ILB.
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by GoFD74:
Solid career....thanks for the memories, Ulbie!

what memories???

Never was a fan of him

SEE YA!!!!

When Ulbrich was in his prime we had the quickest starting 4-3 LB's in the NFL

SLB -Julian Peterson

MLB- Jeff Ulbrich

WLB- Jamie Winborn

Thanks #53, we appreciate all the hard work you put in as a 49er ...
Ulbrich's been a class act and I wish him the best of luck in the future and I hope he makes a healthy recovery for his well being and for his family.

I also appreciate his efforts. I also wish him well in the future.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

Not to be a dick, but what memories ? haha
Ulbrich's been a class act and I wish him the best of luck in the future and I hope he makes a healthy recovery for his well being and for his family.

Cosign.

Can't think of another guy who, when demoted from starter, immediately went to the special teams coach and asked to contribute. And he became an excellent special teams player.
Great Guy, when he realized he wasnt gonna start, he did 2 things, Said to coach I wanna play ST's and 2. Took a paycut.

We will miss ya Jeff, get better and maybe come back as a coach.

• TX9R
  • Veteran
You have to be older then 12 to appreciate what he did for us. In his youth he was a solid LB for us, then as his skills diminished instead of jumping ship he always just asked how he could help and glady took a lesser role for less pay. This guy is a true Niner for life.
Originally posted by TX9R:
You have to be older then 12 to appreciate what he did for us. In his youth he was a solid LB for us, then as his skills diminished instead of jumping ship he always just asked how he could help and glady took a lesser role for less pay. This guy is a true Niner for life.

Go back and look at ST plays over the past couple of seasons and you'll see him out there making plays.

Those who say they don't remember are either showing their lack of appreciation for special teams, or they just weren't paying attention.

Look at Rossum's kick off returns against Arizona, at home and away, last year. MRob and Ulbrich are the guys who threw the blocks to spring Rossum. They're the same two guys who competed every year for top honors on ST--guys who made the most tackles, blocks, etc.

He was also a valuable backup for Willis and Spikes, and a veteran leader in the locker room.

Ulbrich will be missed.
Good luck Brick, have fun with your little girls.
Thank you, #53, for 10 years of outstanding service with the Niners. No one can ever question your effort and professionalism.

I expect that this roster action is a career-ender for you as an NFL player. Your passion and character have been outstanding. Perhaps, if you so desire, the club can find a place on the coaching staff or in the front office, for such an intelligent man.

I can only hope that the current young defensive players have learned the Niner Way from players like BY, Derek Smith and Ulbrich. It is unfortunate that such veteran role models on the offense have not been available for too many years.
Thanks for leading the league in Hottest Wife.

Share 49ersWebzone