There are 98 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Why do we never blitz?

You can blitz up to the point that the offense makes you pay for it. That's been happening, so blitzing is down.
Because... much like skinny girls, blitzing is for wimps!

We do.
All I got to say is if we don't blitz Schaub and give him time...he's going 2 pick us apart. If we don't make necessary D corrections were screwed,end of story.
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
All I got to say is if we don't blitz Schaub and give him time...he's going 2 pick us apart. If we don't make necessary D corrections were screwed,end of story.

we need our interior lineman to supply some heat too, Justin Smith has been able to rush the passer some.
we need Haralson and Brooks to step it up with rushing the passer also, getting a pass rush going is a must
Originally posted by Psinex:
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
We rely way too much on the 4 man rush to get pressure. It worked well in the game @ AZ, but it hasn't worked since, and it's killing us.

Favre had too much time, and so did Ryan.

We blitzed in the Rams game a lot, and got loads of sacks. I don't know why we stopped.

Were you actually watching the Atlanta game? The few times that we blitzed we got burned badly. Read the article on the guy who watches a lot of game film. He broke it down pretty well. He noted that the Falcons are one of the only teams that keeps two backs and two tight ends into block, so they essentially have 8 blockers, which will give the QB all day to pass. The one receiver that went down field happened to be Roddy White, and we all know what happened.

Can we send the film guy over to talk to Raye and tell him how to do that? I mean our RB's Gore/Norris/Robinson are all good blockers keep them and a 2nd TE in to block if you have to protect Hill and let Davis/Crabtree/Morgan/Bruce/B.Jones/J.Hill make plays.
Originally posted by Giant9er:
We do.

..it just backfires more often than not.

-9fA
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:

we need our interior lineman to supply some heat too, Justin Smith has been able to rush the passer some.
we need Haralson and Brooks to step it up with rushing the passer also, getting a pass rush going is a must

You're right about Haralson, I think Willis won't be blitzing this game due to keeping Slaton in line and Lawson the same due to most likely be asked to cover Daniels. Looks like Manusky will need to get creative with Haralson/TK0/Brooks. Tully Banta Cain got released by the Pats again,he was suprisingly looking good for them this year like he did for them in the past but mustve got waived in order to make room for Seau. I say bring him in for a WORKOUT and SEE if he's WORTHY of another shot.
We rely way too much on the 4 man rush to get pressure. It worked well in the game @ AZ, but it hasn't worked since, and it's killing us.

We blitzed in the Rams game a lot, and got loads of sacks. I don't know why we stopped.

In a 3-4 defense a 4 man rush is a blitz

Question disqualified

In vino veritas
Originally posted by 9erfan4life:

In a 3-4 defense a 4 man rush is a blitz

Question disqualified

In vino veritas

I don't agree with you.

Most commentators use the term “blitz” to indicate that five or more are rushing the passer. In a 3-4, there are almost always at least 4 rushing the passer. Seven people in coverage, that is the standard, that doesn’t change just because you three DL instead of four. Any time I see some sort of statistic about blitzing, it’s defined as five or more players rushing the passer. I don’t think this debate will ever be answered, but that’s my opinion.
Screw the blitz 2 man rush all the way.
Member Milestone: This is post number 1,200 for plinius9mm.
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by Giant9er:
We do.

..it just backfires more often than not.

-9fA

Works great in Madden.