LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 277 users in the forums

Why do we never blitz?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
We rely way too much on the 4 man rush to get pressure. It worked well in the game @ AZ, but it hasn't worked since, and it's killing us.

Favre had too much time, and so did Ryan.

We blitzed in the Rams game a lot, and got loads of sacks. I don't know why we stopped.
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
We rely way too much on the 4 man rush to get pressure. It worked well in the game @ AZ, but it hasn't worked since, and it's killing us.

We blitzed in the Rams game a lot, and got loads of sacks. I don't know why we stopped.

Were you actually watching the Atlanta game? The few times that we blitzed we got burned badly. Read the article on the guy who watches a lot of game film. He broke it down pretty well. He noted that the Falcons are one of the only teams that keeps two backs and two tight ends into block, so they essentially have 8 blockers, which will give the QB all day to pass. The one receiver that went down field happened to be Roddy White, and we all know what happened.
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:

we blitzed a lot early n the vikings game. and every time favre checked up to a hot routed and torched us

and i am assuming it was much the same with the falcons, i didn't get to watch.
because it wouldn't be prudent
Because our DB's get stupid and give up important plays.
because mike nolan said no to blitzing---
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
Member Milestone: This is post number 300 for Axl49.
because we need to grow a pair first
We don't blitz because we got burned both in the Vikings game by Favre and by Ryan last week.

I don't think that the Niners are really good in disguising their blitzs and Favre and Ryan were able to read what we were doing and make the apporpriate change for a big play. If our blitzes were more deceiving we probably would end up blitzing more.
Originally posted by 49ers1fan1982:
Because our DB's get stupid and give up important plays.

no we just get burned period
yeah favre pretty much torched us when we blitzed (although roman did get a sack on a safety blitz).

basically, if we are playing a decent qb we cannot blitz, and if we're playing garbage (boller) we can blitz or not blitz the result will be the same (an incompletion, an int, or a defensive TD)

The fact that we got burned early on blitzing against MINN and ATL is yet another reason to hate on Sean Hill. He can't make defenses pay like Ryan, Favrehhh and other good QB's can.
  • B650
  • Veteran
And that's why we're only tied for the NFC West lead right now and it's all slipping away. When we blitz, other QBs are good enough to beat us. When they blitz, our QB isn't good enough to beat them.

Our season in a nutshell through 5 games.
[ Edited by B650 on Oct 19, 2009 at 12:09 AM ]
Originally posted by TDilvr:
The fact that we got burned early on blitzing against MINN and ATL is yet another reason to hate on Sean Hill. He can't make defenses pay like Ryan, Favrehhh and other good QB's can.

I think it helped that their Oline and Rbs did a good job of blocking on those plays.
First is that even when we do blitz we never get to the QB

and if we do their QB can step up in the pocket and then they burn us
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
First is that even when we do blitz we never get to the QB

and if we do their QB can step up in the pocket and then they burn us

this
Share 49ersWebzone